Henry County at Dickson County battle of the barrel

jhall615

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tonight, Dickson has already clinched the district title. This is all about playoff positioning on our side, and of course, the barrel. I watched the DC-Clarksville game online. It was a good game for awhile, but Dickson took control midway through the 3rd quarter and didn't look back. 3 things stood out to me: The interior offensive line for DC is very good. They just kept shredding the A-gap all night, and Clarksville could not stop it in the 2nd half. They don't pass often, but their QB has a cannon, and they have a good all around kicking game. They are stout on defense, but are capable of being run on, and can be exposed outright if a team passes well against them.

This should be a good game. I don't see much margin for error on either side.

RedSwarm10, I appreciate your analysis of the DC/HC football game next week. You have been very classy in all of your posts on coacht. I, however want to make it be known that pat73 is not affiliated or representative of The Cougar Nation. We know that both teams will bring their best on Friday night both in level of play and character. I know that all posters that may be truly representative of the Cougar Nation will keep there posts about the breakdown of the game and not smack "thug" talk. To Pat73, this game is about football players who have gotten to this point thru hard work, dedication and not smack talk. So let's keep the smack talk out and analyze the game.

Although I haven't spoken with him yet, I was wondering how many season Coach Williams has been the head coach at Dickson County. Is this "his" best team thus far? By what we can tell from watching, reading, listening to fans talk about the Cougars, most here believe this is the best Cougar team we've seen/will see in several years!....The Cougars are going to be an extremely tough test for the Patriots this Friday night....one that time will only tell if the Big Red can pass....It should be a great one!....what's on the tailgate menu next week??

The 06 team he had was the best team he probably has had. This is a special group of boys though and still a good team. They have battled out quite a bit of adversity filling key positions with kids who would be seniors this yr moving to different school zones and the Lewis boy stepping down to honor his commitment to VCU for basketball. The schedule is what worries me...a very positive outing against HC would be fantastic for us realists to get a great understanding of where the boys are going into the playoffs. I do not believe next years team will be able to carry the same success. They will return two good RB's Gerron and Lombardo but after that it will be very difficult to fill all the voids left by this senior class. Kids like Humphreys Smith Mersman Daniels and Daniel just aren't your everyday student athletes.