DeKalb Co. Season Thoughts

TigerPride23

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something special? We will have to wait & see about that. Charge at the end is a no call, alot more contact allowed on other plays like sonni groping whoever is in the middle. Used to be a foul anytime you reach over a post player on an incoming pass but the way he & coach martin pitch a fit I guess I would be afraid too! 1st time in a long time Ive seen refs get booed off the crt in LA at half & end of game. Even the zombies in the social event area of reserved seats made some sounds & they never cheer! It is what it is, LA did get out hustled. Great game to #3 & Ramsey.

I have to say it's tough to see the outcome of a game determined by an official's call. I wasn't in attendance so I don't know if it was a bad call or not. I guess most peoples take on the call would be dependent on who you were rooting for. But as I listened to the broadcast, I must say I was amazed at the not fouling strategy of LA. You have 3 team fouls and down by 1 point and you let them kill better than a minute off the clock. From 1:35 approx down to 12 seconds then luckily you finally steal the ball? Was LA never going to foul? From the time McCoin stole the ball you had around 10-12 secs to use up 4 fouls(if he hadn't stolen it). Once the charge was called, then they had to try to commit 3 fouls in 3 secs. Even if you do that, a heave from the other end is the best you got. I've never heard anything quite like it. I've been to several LA games thru the years and had no idea who the "zombies" were or where the "social event area of reserved seats" was/is located. Gotta check that out :popcorneater:

Has anyone else noticed how often Livingston fans think officials are unfair? If there was contact then it wasn't a no call. However that call had gone, someone would have been unhappy. Give Livingston credit, they are good, but if theire game isn't easy then some of their fans go crazy on the refs. How classy is booing refs out of the gym two years in a row? Maybe LA's coach should have used those other four fouls while Dekalb was holding the ball so that putting them in the bonus might have been possible in case the refs cost them the game on a blown charge. So many little things could change the outcome of games. Maybe Livingston should focus on those and save themselves the embarrassment of coming unglued on the refs. I mean the last few years Livingston has had the biggest team in maybe the midstate and are also the most picked on by the officials? Theres a lot of ball to be played but outside of a few last second shots in the last couple of years, LA seems to have lost its district dominance. Good luck to both teams and maybe refs won't cost LA any more games.

Ive seen alot of poeple making comments like this about how LA has lost its dominance since the coaching change. Shoot, even one person created a profile "dominance lost" lol. LA has had a great program but have only been undefeated in district play 3 seasons since 2000. 09/10, 07/08, & 05/06 never in back to back years so just because they loose a district game or two doesn't mean theyve lost their dominance. What separates them is they have been region champs 5 years in a role, hosting 5 substate games leading to 4 big dance appearances. Missing the 5th by a double overtime loss to Howard. Dekalb & LA are both good but winning region is key cause neither is going to chatt & pulling off a sub state win! Bad decision on Millers part not fouling with minute & half left. Should have made it a free throw game for dekalb & got themselves at least 4 more possessions. But the district dominance comments are ridiculous! Nothing different until someone can knock them off in region tourney!