DCA @ St. George's - Semi-Finals

thegood

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that DCA slapped 49 points up there also...I rather enjoyed that game, though; both sides played hard and it came down to the final seconds.

However, I wish that the clock had been handled correctly toward the end.

it was a great game. How many yds did # 15 account for in that game for DCA? Definitely a difference maker, huh?

Haha do you think DCA has freshmen and sophomores who start and play on the varsity? Their entire secondary is made up of underclassmen. Fain had approximately 100 yards against BGA and he's a soph.

Your jv team wasn't competitive in that game either. If DCA played its fresh and sophs that start you'd have gotten killed.

Your MS football is huge but wouldn't have matched up well against the speed and athleticism of DCAs team from a year ago. In fact it would have lost badly in all three sports. Only time will tell for this year.

In basketball you'll lose to the HS boys and kill the girls team. In soccer you'd lose to both and baseball/softball as well.

Quit whining about a rule that the TSSAA and it's board has approved. Just hope that another AJ Long comes along to make you competitive next year. Lol

Don't run and hide after next weeks games. The MS girls and boys teams are really good.

Btw I bet you're angry that DCA is in the semis? How upset will you be if they make to the finals? Lol

Orangecrush says I'm a troll but FCS whiners came to a DCA thread and trolled. Don't let facts get in your way, I'm the troll. Lol

I can assure you I know more about the last 30 years of mediocre athletics at FCS than most. In fact, it wasn't until all the good schools left that FCS had any success. Unless you call losing in the quarterfinal a a success?

How about you two FCS trolls stay out of DCA threads and we can all get along?

Edited by Playerscoach

Orangecrush says I'm a troll but FCS whiners came to a DCA thread and trolled. Don't let facts get in your way, I'm the troll. Lol

I can assure you I know more about the last 30 years of mediocre athletics at FCS than most. In fact, it wasn't until all the good schools left that FCS had any success. Unless you call losing in the quarterfinal a a success?

How about you two FCS trolls stay out of DCA threads and we can all get along?

Then you take your own advise and stay out of the FC threads. You have been trolling and knocking FC for over a week. That makes you a sorry troll!

I have not in any way put down DCA as a school or program, which can't be said for you. Pretty pathetic.

Edited by orangecrush

I'll stop when the correct thread header is entered DCA/USN vs St George's.

As for FCS former mediocrity I'd compare it to the current state of DCA athletics (if you took away the co-op's).

In today's world FC has won the last 2 and will be going for the trifecta in Donelson next fall. Better get ready we only graduate 3 all non co-op's btw.

Well, the team is still the DCA Wildcats, not the DCA/USN Tigercats. The same goes for any co-op team, public or private. If you have a problem with that, take it to the TSSAA. And I don't know why you are calling DCA athletics mediocre. That's quite offensive and simply untrue. DCA has a good athletic department full of great coaches. And, as I recall, are going to the Semifinals of the football playoffs. That's a pretty good accomplishment if you ask me. Now quit dismissing DCA's football success this year by attributing it all to USN, because that's really a petty argument.

Gotcha Crush. If you don't like me bringing facts to the table and an informed opinion I guess I'm a troll. You and Volz look silly whining about the USN co op players is petty. You guys must be part of the brigade of dads that yell at you coach the whole game while standing in your endzone? Right?

Seems like you really have an agenda against DCA? Maybe it's because for over a decade your coach refused to play DCA? Maybe you really do believe you'll be ok without Long even though the TC game is a good indicator?

As far as the rest of your programs let's see where they stand head to head at the end of the year? We could use the all time record but that would be a no contest. BTW are you guys still using community players that don't attend FCS on the 5th and 6th grade teams? If so you'll hear no complaints from DCA because it's a great opportunity for the kids. Maybe you should take that position with the USN co op players?

Wow this thread is gold. Why can't this happen more on the D2 boards. We all have opinions, and most likely none of them matter. I think DCA has a small advantage. I have no problem with that, we had an advantage while we were in D1. Congrats to DCA on making the semi-finals. The DCA fan talking trash to us is great, y'all got beat by the worst FC football team in the last 10 years. I don't see the results changing anytime soon as long as the middle school players stay at FC. We'll prob get a couple transfers and hopefully be pretty good.

If you are a Friendship parent and have been one while playing with the publics how do you feel about new kids coming to your school from various places because they may get to go now without paying? And of coarse you have been paying or at least that's why you could stay in the public arena? Now there is something you could wine about not being directly fair to you. Who cares about where kids come from that's why you guys got in D2 also so you could pull from everywhere and give scholarships. And don't give me the line that your school doesn't do it because I heard your headmaster on 104.5 say that you are. So if next year you got a load of Blackmans kids to transfer out( because they or any other team in Rutherford has them to spare) and pay for their school and they take positions from Friendship lifers and you end up pulling out the big win for the trophy are you going to say that's not fair? No, and you will defend your team against anyone who says different. Sounds like to me you guys thought you would come in and walk through everyone and it just didn't turn out that way. Don't worry there are more seasons to be played and I think it will all be ok.