Webb @ ECS - This is for the gold ball.

Vols12345678

It is unfortunate that these two great teams have to meet in the semifinals instead of the state championship but that is just how it happened. These two teams are easily the best two teams in Division II-A. Webb has to make the long journey across the state and play at ECS's home field. This game is shaping up to be very similar to the game in 2009, when ECS was undefeated and Webb traveled across the state and upset them and went onto win the state championship 30-0 over USJ. The 2009 ECS/Webb game was a very good game and I hope to see another great game on Friday. How is ECS feeling about this game? And what do people, who are familiar with both teams, think the outcome will be in this game?

Context: I've seen both teams on film against USJ and watched the first quarter of Webb vs BGA.

ECS is good enough to beat Webb this year. After getting humiliated in the state championship last year, this year's ECS team seems to be playing with a chip on its shoulder. First ECS team I've seen since the (latest) DII realignment where I thought the whole was as or more valuable than the sum of the parts.

If ECS plays assignment football on D, then they have the athletes to match up with Webb. That said, if Webb jumps out front with a couple of quick scores (possible to probable) then they'll stay in control with the two teams trading touchdowns the rest of the game. Webb is Webb and they just execute so well on both sides of the ball. A pleasure to watch really.

ECS in a close one: 37-35.

Good analysis. I have watched ECS on film a little bit and it looks like they have a very good running back and an athlete at QB. They also look like they have a very good DL in #54. Webb's offense is very hard to stop with TK in the back field. And if they key too much on him, it opens up everything else. Anxious to see how ECS plays against the Webb offense.

playing at home in the playoffs is always worth a touchdown, ecspecially with this distance. if webb keys on 21 then 20 will have to step up and score. From what i have seen he is capable. If you key on kelly, then melton has a free pass to the endzone because of his straightline speed. Can 20 do the same thing is the question? ECS has been soft on defense in years past but this year appears to be their best defensive team in a while so i give edge to ECS. Winner of this game clearly is the state champion.

Sounds like ECS has got a good squad. Looks like the rain is out of Memphis and its going to be a cold night in Memphis. Perfect for Friday night playoff football! If Webb doesn't turn the ball over I think they win. With all the focus on TK, look for Melton and Strachan to find some big holes and for Beeler on the outside at WR because he will be covered man to man. On defense, Webb is just really fast. Their linebackers can run sideline to sideline and their DB's are a veteran group that have played many snaps together. I have heard that ECS's defensive backfield has all their returning players from last year. It should be a great game. Heading to Memphis right now to watch the Spartans play.

Webb 31

ECS 24

ECS just couldn't stop the wing t and Webb's defense was flying around. TK played really well and ECS's gameplan was just bad. Their QB was their best athlete and I think he ran the ball twice. One of them went for a 50 yard touchdown where he ran away from a couple Webb players. I have no idea why he didnt carry the ball more. ECS should not have had a possession where he didnt carry the ball. Just like 2009, ECS looked like they were going to win this game looking at both teams in warm ups. I swear ECS looks like a small college in warmups. They come off as cocky and Webb just goes out and plays football and hits them in the mouth. I think that makes 6 straight over ECS. It is safe to say that Webb has their number. Now onto St. Georges who supposedly won on a last second play against DCA. This one could get ugly.