Week 3: David Crockett (2-1) @ Elizabethton (2-1)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, been watching from the sidelines for a while and I've noticed how others have to give their "two cents worth" about the Cyclones. So , guess I'll join in.

Crockett coming into the game will be fired up and ready to build on the success they've had thus far. One loss to Science Hill (27- 63) has them pretty confident. I think they will make a game of it for a quarter then reality will hit and hit hard. In the form of 28 running down hill! This Crockett team has scored 90 points this year and have wins over Sullivan East (26 - 20) and against Unicoi County (37 -14) but have given up 97 points.

Betsy has two common opponents and have already played those teams. Science Hill (34 - 56) which shows that Betsy scored 7 more offensive points and gave up 7 fewer than Crockett so that could be a 14 point advantage there. Then we have Sullivan East. The Cyclones won at East (63 - 27) which was 37 more points than Crockett scored on offense and East scored 27 on Betsy so thats a -7 defensively. Thus, a 30 point advantage from this game. With just the two common opponents Betsy has 44 point advantage before they even suit up! Now add to the mix that it's Ethans senior year and it only increases. On the offensive side the Cyclones have scored 146 points and have only given up 83. Crockett may have all the swagger they need to come to the game but that's were it ends. With Armstrong throwing to the tallest (if no the most athletic) receiver Jaylen Smith, I only see the passing game opening up and making Betsy more of a threat than last year. This group of men are hungry to win and win they shall.

David Crockett 21 - Cyclones 56

Best to all the fans, players, coaches and cheerleaders that will be making the trip up to Elizabethton Friday night. Praying for a safe journey to them and an injury free game for both teams. Nothing but respect for our East Tennessee teams!