Clarksville (4-0) vs. Rossview (3-1)

pilgrim

Well got to visit CHS tonight as a Rossview parent. I must say that was the nastiest bleachers I have ever sat on. I also like how the CHS players got away with ripping off the helmets of the Rossview players (classy). This was done so that players would have to sit out a play for loosing their helmet. I was also informed that CHS players continued to take the towel that the qb was wearing. They took 3 towels from him tonight. I am sure if they would have asked he would have gave them a towel, heck he might have even autographed it for them. I come to expect this from CHS from years of coaching and playing against them. It was a good game despite all of this, however it bothers me a great deal that teams can't just play football, it has to come down to cheap shots and foul play.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got to visit CHS tonight as a Rossview parent. I must say that was the nastiest bleachers I have ever sat on. I also like how the CHS players got away with ripping off the helmets of the Rossview players (classy). This was done so that players would have to sit out a play for loosing their helmet. I was also informed that CHS players continued to take the towel that the qb was wearing. They took 3 towels from him tonight. I am sure if they would have asked he would have gave them a towel, heck he might have even autographed it for them. I come to expect this from CHS from years of coaching and playing against them. It was a good game despite all of this, however it bothers me a great deal that teams can't just play football, it has to come down to cheap shots and foul play.

I really am sorry about the condition of our bleachers. I'm sure the additional ones we set up just for you were equally lacking to your standards.

As for our players, I have to double my apology. I heard they also tackled really hard and actually had the nerve to intercept the football to win the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that this is your 1st post on here, so let me formally welcome you to Coach T.

This probably is one of the best social communities in existence. 

But as we come together as adults to discuss youth athletics, we do try to adhere to one basic rule on here. 

"WE DO NOT ATTACK THE YOUNG MEN WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME." 

Edited by Pilgrim

It was a great game last night, give credit to Coach Shelby for turning around an historic program that had lost the know how to win in recent years. I am pulling for them rest of way.

As a CHS graduation and RHS parent, I do have to say that is my last game at CHS until improvements are made to seating accommodations. The conditions are very bad and much need of improvement, I left at halftime. I know they have some resources, time to spend them, frankly the supporters should pitch in.

RSH is scrappy, I am betting Coach Lambert will put them back on track in march towards playoffs. They know how to win and work hard, still a lot of football to be played.

Need both programs to win next week, send the big county schools back to country with something they are not used to, a loss when they come to Clarksville.

Edited by Kidover

If you read my post completely then you will see I never said Rossview lost due to these acts.

OK. I just thought those comments were off topic as the thread is about the game. Maybe another topic discussing coaching ethics or facilities? I'm sure a lot of people would comment about a lot of coaches and facilities, good and bad. 

Edited by poppop

As a CHS graduation and RHS parent, I do have to say that is my last game at CHS until improvements are made to seating accommodations. The conditions are very bad and much need of improvement, I left at halftime. I know they have some resources, time to spend them, frankly the supporters should pitch in.

Ok, got it. We need improvements to visiting stands. It actually is on the list. In the last two years we totally renovated our locker room, strength facility, and practice field. This has all been done by the Boosters. Our next major concern is the playing field, which will be done next year and the Press box. Maybe then we will focus on our visiter stands.

But if you left this game at halftime because of our bleachers...wow. 

I really am sorry about the condition of our bleachers. I'm sure the additional ones we set up just for you were equally lacking to your standards.

As for our players, I have to double my apology. I heard they also tackled really hard and actually had the nerve to intercept the football to win the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that this is your 1st post on here, so let me formally welcome you to Coach T.

This probably is one of the best social communities in existence. 

But as we come together as adults to discuss youth athletics, we do try to adhere to one basic rule on here. 

"WE DO NOT ATTACK THE YOUNG MEN WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME."

My comment was not intended to attack the young men who actually play the game. So my apologies for that not being clear. The comment I made was geared more towars how the game was called. More than the usual after the whistle activities were gone unseen but that's rivalry football. Thank you for the welcome to Coach T. I have read many of the posts here and I think you are dead on it is an awesome place for people to post their opinions about upcoming games as well as games from the past which is what I did. I guess there are no rules about being sarcastic, lol. That's good to know because sarcasm is one of my strengths.

The facts are this we have to fix our defense. Not being able to stop the run in HS football is a dagger. T.O.P. is killing us. Our offense is having to put up 5 or 6 touchdowns a game to stay in it while the defense stays on the field entirely too long. Both teams need to make the playoffs but both teams have areas that need improving. The bleacher comment was a joke by the way, my bleacher standard is pretty low but those things were pretty nasty ha ha.

My comment was not intended to attack the young men who actually play the game. So my apologies for that not being clear. The comment I made was geared more towars how the game was called. More than the usual after the whistle activities were gone unseen but that's rivalry football. Thank you for the welcome to Coach T. I have read many of the posts here and I think you are dead on it is an awesome place for people to post their opinions about upcoming games as well as games from the past which is what I did. I guess there are no rules about being sarcastic, lol. That's good to know because sarcasm is one of my strengths.

The facts are this we have to fix our defense. Not being able to stop the run in HS football is a dagger. T.O.P. is killing us. Our offense is having to put up 5 or 6 touchdowns a game to stay in it while the defense stays on the field entirely too long. Both teams need to make the playoffs but both teams have areas that need improving. The bleacher comment was a joke by the way, my bleacher standard is pretty low but those things were pretty nasty ha ha.

Sarcasm is more than welcome here. It actual is preferred by many.

Many on here know more about the players than most. We also tend to know when they act in ways that are not preferred both on and off the field. That is why it is best to not even start down that road, because it always ends badly. 

Rumor has it that this game may actually be able to be moved to APSU in 2017.

I don't follow HS children that closely to know their behaviors on and off the field. I was referencing the team as a whole. I think that many have problems with comprehension. It is part of the reading process and is very important. I heard the rumor of the game being moved to APSU. I also heard CHS didn't want the game there this year because they didn't want to loose the money that the game brings in. After seeing the condition of that cow pasture we played on last night I would say you guys need the money.

Edited by Coachj71

OK. I just thought those comments were off topic as the thread is about the game. Maybe another topic discussing coaching ethics or facilities? I'm sure a lot of people would comment about a lot of coaches and facilities, good and bad.

I have read several posts about conditions of venues, I don't believe my post was off topic. I was kidding about the bleachers, but they were nasty. Maybe CHS can take some of that money from last night's game and get that football field fixed my goodness that field was a mess, but nice fireworks.

You are exactly on point. When an opposing quarterback rushes for almost 200 yards, your safetys make half the tackles and you are running a 3 man D line to make a pile , it is obvious what the problem is. Brentwood and CHS exposed this. I am a little perplexed because Beech scored a lot of points, but they were from fumbles and blocked kicks deep in our territory. Their star running back only had 116 yards and 5 or 6 touchdowns. Thats not on the defense. I'm not sure what happened to the defense after that game. You are correct, the middle of the defense must be fixed.