Clarksville Academy vs Zion Christian

cugr49

Davidson looks like the team to beat in D2-1A West. Any news on CA vs Zion, and I heard the game was moved to APSU. Nice atmosphere for the kids being in a college stadium. Thoughts on this game or how the newly renovated Cougars will handle Division II ? (Not a CA person, just curious about the private clarksville team)

3 hours ago, cugr49 said:

Davidson looks like the team to beat in D2-1A West. Any news on CA vs Zion, and I heard the game was moved to APSU. Nice atmosphere for the kids being in a college stadium. Thoughts on this game or how the newly renovated Cougars will handle Division II ? (Not a CA person, just curious about the private clarksville team)

CA has made a good HC hire along with stealing their DC from NCS. Looks to be more excitement around the program than they have had in several years. Not sure they have the horses to compete right now but they are definitely moving in the right direction and investing in their program. Zion is one of the bottom 5 programs in DIIA so CA should win this one pretty easy.

3 hours ago, CFAfan said:

CA has made a good HC hire along with stealing their DC from NCS. Looks to be more excitement around the program than they have had in several years. Not sure they have the horses to compete right now but they are definitely moving in the right direction and investing in their program. Zion is one of the bottom 5 programs in DIIA so CA should win this one pretty easy.

I hear great things about the new staff. Haven't seen them play, but I know they have a few talented players and a good QB to build around. I'm not real familiar with their opponents. Hopefully new staff will get them headed in the right direction. 

What happened here? Zion is horrible and I expected CA to beat them pretty bad. Lots of excitement around the CA staff but close games to terrible teams will have excitement waning very quickly. CA needs to build off current momentum while beating teams it should beat and maybe keeping games respectable when they should be blowouts. CA will have no chance to compete with NCS, DCA, MJCA, DA and FCS.