Hardin Valley vs Halls

Cactus Jack

3 hours ago, Carter2022 said:

A great game, HV hasn't played anyone so this will be their 1st true test then next week gets real for them so lets see how it starts to unfold when you play some competition.

I agree at this point HVA has not played much competition, and it only goes up from here. I would also agree that neither team has played anyone great at this point.

I saw Halls scrimmage Bearden after Bearden took it to Catholic. Halls if disciplined on defense destroys HVA. HVA you are running wing t with no option game and you dont run the QB at all. The teams over the last 20 years in this area that had success in the wing t / split back offense ran the QB. If HVA is going to win tonight you will see every wrinkle they have because there version of the wing t is pretty basic. Did Jeff Co try this a few years ago? HVA has played 3 of the worst teams in East Tennessee as well. Scrimmaged my SD Cherokees (we are not good) they have only beaten 0-3 AE team on a last second pass, Karns 21-0, Mo East 36-10, and Cocke Co 51-0. If the hawks are for real we will find out today.  But no one can say they are good because they have basically played the bottom dwellers of East Tennessee. Congrats you're 3-0 but for a 6A school the comp has been ehhhh.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SouthOfTheRiver67 said:

I saw Halls scrimmage Bearden after Bearden took it to Catholic. Halls if disciplined on defense destroys HVA. HVA you are running wing t with no option game and you dont run the QB at all. The teams over the last 20 years in this area that had success in the wing t / split back offense ran the QB. If HVA is going to win tonight you will see every wrinkle they have because there version of the wing t is pretty basic. Did Jeff Co try this a few years ago? HVA has played 3 of the worst teams in East Tennessee as well. Scrimmaged my SD Cherokees (we are not good) they have only beaten 0-3 AE team on a last second pass, Karns 21-0, Mo East 36-10, and Cocke Co 51-0. If the hawks are for real we will find out today.  But no one can say they are good because they have basically played the bottom dwellers of East Tennessee. Congrats you're 3-0 but for a 6A school the comp has been ehhhh.

Where have all the athletes gone from SD? I feel like as soon as Clark left they all left with him

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I heard HVA gave up two scoop and score fumbles that made this one 31-0 and a lot worse than it was. Sounded like Halls was better on the lines too. HVA now heads into a murderers row with Bearden first,

I feel bad for them. Clinton has been in their shoes before.  Wing-T.....smh  Bless em

23 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I heard HVA gave up two scoop and score fumbles that made this one 31-0 and a lot worse than it was. Sounded like Halls was better on the lines too. HVA now heads into a murderers row with Bearden first,

If that is true then it makes the score look not as bad, but you can't fumble with the type of offense they run. Yes, the competition only gets better with going into region play.