Lake County head coaching job open?

1 hour ago, west10EZ said:
On 2/8/2024 at 4:18 PM, truefalconfan said:

Understandable! I hope and believe it's some good, qualify candidates that apply and are truly considered for the position. Some high school head coaching experience would definitely be a huge plus

You know when coaching jobs come open , I try to put myself in the schools shoes to decide what hire would make sense . If I was Lake County , I would go after Xavier Garmon from South Fulton . He coaches with so much energy , played QB in college and he’s the one that makes that offense go at SF .. he would be an outstanding hire and he’s definitely up and coming . 

I've watched him in action coaching the red devils. Very energetic and animated which has definitely been missing on the sidelines in LC the past few seasons for sure. Hopefully, he will apply. The more the merrier in my opinion 

21 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

I've watched him in action coaching the red devils. Very energetic and animated which has definitely been missing on the sidelines in LC the past few seasons for sure. Hopefully, he will apply. The more the merrier in my opinion 

He would be the perfect hire .. he’s the type I couldn’t see leaving .. the only reason I think he wouldn’t leave for LC is because this coming year has a chance to be special for SF or maybe he’s the coach in waiting to take over once Coach Knotts retires. 

13 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

He would be the perfect hire .. he’s the type I couldn’t see leaving .. the only reason I think he wouldn’t leave for LC is because this coming year has a chance to be special for SF or maybe he’s the coach in waiting to take over once Coach Knotts retires. 

Understandable. South Fulton is his home and one could understand his loyalty. However, south Fulton has all the parts to be special this year. However,lake County has the chance to be special every year, and those are simply facts. When you look at the accomplishments of the falcons vs the red devils there's simply no comparisons on the gridiron. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, truefalconfan said:

Understandable. South Fulton is his home and one could understand his loyalty. However, south Fulton has all the parts to be special this year. However,lake County has the chance to be special every year, and those are simply facts. When you look at the accomplishments of the falcons vs the red devils there's simply no comparisons on the gridiron. 

100% agree 

My wish is for a veteran head coach would put in for the job. Not that is likely to happen. It will be the same cycle of up and coming head coaches. The guy as So. Fulton as only been the OC there for a year. To me that is not enough time. The group of kids that SF currently have in school now are a once and 10 year class according to my sources. LC defeated SF last year and I expect the game to be close this year also. LC needs to make the best hire possible. It would be nice for a veteran coach to put in for job. I am talking about one with some success. Right now Lake County is a stepping stone job. The talent that is about to come cannot be trusted to just anyone. All the candidates that I have heard are all new coaches. If that is the case stay with what you have on staff and give him time instead of just hiring a rent a coach for 2 years. That's my opinion and only mine. I am sure there will be others and I will respect who is mentioned. I'm just not crazy about anything mentioned so far.

1 hour ago, JustinBuck said:

Seems like coaches can't wait to leave LC.

It’s because it’s remote and in the middle of nowhere and it’s in  poverty .  I’m not downing Lake County , I actually love it, there’s just something about it that’s mystifying ! This is why I think Xavier Garmon would be a perfect fit , he played and lived at South Fulton … was a QB for Memphis and a couple of other Universities… the fella above said he’s only got one year experience as OC and that’s just not accurate… he’s been there at least 3 years and he’s a successful black man that would do wonders at LC . 

22 hours ago, west10EZ said:

It’s because it’s remote and in the middle of nowhere and it’s in  poverty .  I’m not downing Lake County , I actually love it, there’s just something about it that’s mystifying ! This is why I think Xavier Garmon would be a perfect fit , he played and lived at South Fulton … was a QB for Memphis and a couple of other Universities… the fella above said he’s only got one year experience as OC and that’s just not accurate… he’s been there at least 3 years and he’s a successful black man that would do wonders at LC . 

He doesn't matter if he is black or white. I would live proven head coach not some up or comer. Would Love Josh Wolfe but that will not happen.

22 hours ago, west10EZ said:

I said one year as So. FULTON oc

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I said one year as So. FULTON oc

He’s been the OC there at least 2 years, maybe 3  ..had a large part in that offense since at least this SR group coming up have been Freshman .. but you are entitled to your opinion.. if you don’t think he will be a good Head Coach who will stay there a longtime that’s fine.. i’m sure LC goes another direction anyway.. like a middle school coach .

29 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

He’s been the OC there at least 2 years, maybe 3  ..had a large part in that offense since at least this SR group coming up have been Freshman .. but you are entitled to your opinion.. if you don’t think he will be a good Head Coach who will stay there a longtime that’s fine.. i’m sure LC goes another direction anyway.. like a middle school coach .

At the school board meeting tonight the head coaching position was discussed. There has been a total of 17 applicants thus far. One being from California and another one from Oklahoma. Then two locally and the others from across Tennessee. So you can't tell me that out of all those applicants that no one has what we need to advance our program. I just hope they do their due diligence and vet each one accordingly. It's bound to be a lot of experience in those applications. Hopefully we'll get something that we desperately need. In my opinion the last two years have been kind of blah especially with our play calling on both sides of the ball. There will be more applicants because it's not closing until this Friday then interviews will start. Stay tuned we'll see if we continue to get by or finally choose to live again. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

At the school board meeting tonight the head coaching position was discussed. There has been a total of 17 applicants thus far. One being from California and another one from Oklahoma. Then two locally and the others from across Tennessee. So you can't tell me that out of all those applicants that no one has what we need to advance our program. I just hope they do their due diligence and vet each one accordingly. It's bound to be a lot of experience in those applications. Hopefully we'll get something that we desperately need. In my opinion the last two years have been kind of blah especially with our play calling on both sides of the ball. There will be more applicants because it's not closing until this Friday then interviews will start. Stay tuned we'll see if we continue to get by or finally choose to live again. 

It’s a great job to have for sure .. probably top 10 for 1A ? It’s at least debatable It’s just been a stepping stone job recently though .. hopefully y’all find someone who will stay and build a legacy there