Post some dates

Guest kenwoodrun

Guest kenwoodrun

I never get any kind of response on this thread, I guess because there aren't any coaches that read this board...

but some of us are trying to compile track schedules and still have open dates...so if you are hosting or you know of a good meet, post the date, even if it is one that is universally known. It could benefit a number of schools to have some more options thrown out there.

And my free plug, Kenwood Classic (#6) will be on April 26. We're closing at the first 30 teams we get :D

Dickson County will be hosting track meets this year as always. We have a rubberized 8 lane track and we can run all events with exception of the pole vault. We try to start in the time frame of 3:30-4:00. Here are some dates if interested please call Joey Holley @ 615-446-9003 extension 25533 at school or at home 615-789-4153. My email address is coachholley@hotmail.com. Would love for any school to come that would like to come to Dickson.

Dates :

Monday March 17th

Thursday April 10th

Thursday April 21st :D:D:D

We're hosting a running events only meet on March 20. Come run fast with us. Free entry. Awards three deep in each event. Maybe we can pull each other's teams along.

Estimating ours:

4x800 near 8 flat, 800- 1:55ish, 1600, 4:20, 3200, sub 9:45,

girls - sub 10, sub 2:18, sub 5:15, 12:00

Hopefully, there will be some teams that will beat these times and pull us along. e-mail me at schiefrunner@aol.com

We'll provide a meal if you'll come over Kenwood. Best of luck this year. Sorry I didn't post sooner, this is my first visit to the board.

Guest kenwoodrun

Chief, that is quite a generous invite on your part, thanks. I don't know how conducive that date is on our schedule yet (we're still waiting on our rules meeting where we can meet area coaches), and I'm not sure how far McMinn is from Clarksville...but if we work something out I'll send you an e-mail fairly soon. Regardless, thanks for offer. I would imagine the best I could do on girls that early in the year would be 10:30/2:30/5:45/12:30 by then anyway, to be honest.

It would probably take you a bit longer than three hours from Clarksville. It remains to be seen if anyone can come through in shorter runs for us, so you guys would more than likely wear us out in those. It's just so much easier to judge what distance people can do, especially since we have every single distance runner back from last year. You always get a bunch to state in a ton of events. You do a really good job.

Again, let me know when you can. We'll find some way to take care of you if you have to stay late, etc. We would really love for you folks to come over and we'll come there if and when we can. Talk with you soon.