Future Rivals?

allen34

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wipperman

FRA has placed 2nd behind MBA at both the MBA duals and the Grand Championships. If this class sticks together, they could definitely make some serious noise in the years to come. Most of these freshman are starting for our team right now and that experience will pay off very nicely in the future.

Guest ika2004

There are many reasons why the Ryan freshman didnt place high. One is almost half of the team was kicked off because of grades, the other is the legendary Coach Jemison didnt coach them because he wanted to concentrate on football. So before you get all excited about Father Ryan having a not so bright future think about that, also a stud named Aaron Batemen is on his way to Ryan next year.

ika2004----My post was directed more at the success of the FRA freshmen than a comment on Ryan. Despite the somewhat down season this year, I don't buy into any dilution of Ryan as a team that will be competitive with MBA in the future. As long as Pat Simpson presides over the Ryan wrestling den, I would not worry too much about Ryan's future. By the time this year's crop are jrs/srs he will have turned them into good wrestlers who will keep the Ryan/MBA rivalry hot. And you are right about Bateman. I've seen him wrestle and he is the best 8th grader I've seen this season. Whoever has to wrestle him as a freshman next season better have everything strapped on tight.

No, and he probably won't change the beating MBA will give Ryan's freshman next year either. But give that Nashville Catholic feeder team a little more time. MBA's kids all wrestled in the HVAC and have a few years experience. Ryan has one kid that wrestled last year for Nashville Catholic and a bunch of first years. Coach Miller did fine and Coach P.Simpson will turn them into state champs. Wonder how many of those MBA kids will be wrestling in 3 years? If they stay out, Coach F. Simpson will do the same with them. Then we'll see some matches.

There were several wrestlers off the ryan freshman team for grades, not just the hwt. They had at least 4 of their starters and 3 people who placed at earlier tournaments kicked off. Also Joe Oddo did not wrestle in the grand championships and i dont think he wouldve gotten lower that 3rd.

[Edited by Krash on 2-8-03 4:43P]