Best girls coach in Northeast Tennessee?

cyclonehomer

Ladylander, you said what a lot of other former players would have said about Coach A. For that I give you a good mark. I would have liked to have seen what Coach A could have done with the past 2 lady landers teams. I could only have imagined what it would have been like to play for a great coach.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you forgotten Wilson took a Class AAA team to the substate in 1997? And he was the assistant in 1995 when they also went to the Class AAA substate. His winless season you refer to came after he agreed to re-take a program void of talent -- top player out of eighth grade left for other schools for various reasons for three straight years -- even though he knew it would be horrible. That's a mark of a good man. His overall record is something like 150-100. That's just a guess, but somewhere in the ballpark.

• 2 weeks later...

Without Coach Farthing, Wilson is a fair coach. Who do you think pushed the team to press and play man?? I've never seen a Wilson coached team, run the floor on offense and defense. Somebody had to pushing him to do so. Maybe it was Lori or Fritz. But I'd guess it was Farthing.

And to rate him above Birchfield at Cloudland and Chambers at Unaka is ridiculous. Both schools he refuses to play during the season. I guess Tri-Cities Christian and David Crockett make for better games, more money and a padded record!!!??? The only truth in that question involves the padded record!

[Edited by runningtheT on 3-27-03 1:02P]

You really make yourself look bad when you get facts wrong while TRYING to make a point. Elizabethton did not play Tri-Cities Christian this season, so how that team affected the Cyclones' "padded" record is beyond me.

Furthermore, Wilson is the head coach and he is responsible for any decisions on the way his team plays. To give credit for that to an assistant coach is absolutely ludicrous. But feel free to think in any twisted way you feel necessary.

As for Chambers being a better coach than Wilson, that's silly. Wilson blasted his team at summer camp last year and the teams had fairly equal talent at the time.

As for Elizabethton playing Unaka, what's the point? If Elizabethton wants a challenge, it can schedule South Greene, Pigeon Forge, Greeneville, Tennessee High -- and the Cyclones would get respect for beating those teams. And for that matter, Unaka is certainly free to schedule those teams.