Top Huntland Baseball players of all time

Guest MrFranklinCo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Huntland baseball dominated that area for a while and orange said it right coaching did have a lot to do with all the success as well as having good players. Anyways aas for zapper,jayhawk, and cole44 your words have no affect on me. You know no one lives a perfect life and never makes a mistake, but you have to move on and learn. As far as all my boys who have my back MUCH LOVE to ya. You are right gov7 most of the guys have probably lost a step or too from the high school days. BUt I am going to tell you this back in the days of ROB and LEO the probably would have kicked our butts. That was back when they had to go through the LIpscombs and others to get to the state. I think one year they got put out by Tullahoma 2-1 and Tullahoma went on to dominate the state torunament. We both had good teams but I think those teams were the best. But you could argue for all of them. EJW we got to get Kerm out before you leave.

I may be the only Moore County guy that has ever give Huntland any credit but back in the late 70's they had a really good team. They put us out in the district championship in 79 and with Horton, Taylor pitching and Lafevers, Sims, Bob Boy hitting they were tough but we also had a good team. They beat us in the bottom of the seventh when mike hit a 3 run homer to make it 6-4. If we would have had one more pitcher besides Camp. Anyway I like to listen to you guys talk about the old times as I am not in middle TN anymore.

Btru23, Rob and Leo's team may have beat the 1993 team, but they could not have beat the 1996 team which housed four eventual college pitchers: Wiggs, Haynes, Davis and thorthon. I'm just talking trash but on the real every team had a magic that every other team in the region feared, alot of times we did not have the best talent but found a way to win. Example 1996 Chapel Hill was load and we found a way and in 1993 Columbia Acadeamy. The only team that had our number for a while was Richland..BTRU HOW MANY district championship did we win from like 76-99

[Edited by apsugov7 on 4-22-03 7:54A]

[Edited by apsugov7 on 4-22-03 8:09A]

AS THE REPORTS GO... WHILE FARMER WAS A STUDENT AND THEN LATER A COACH AT HUNTLAND HE HAD A REAL REPUTATION FOR BEFRIENDING THE VERY YOUNG GIRLS.. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IN FACT THAT IS THE REASON HE LOST HIS JOB AS HEAD BASKETBALL COACH. FRATERNIZING WITH THE STUDENT BODY WILL GET YOU EVERY TIME.

It looks like cole44 has all the info doesnt he. But thanks for informing everyone but I believe most already knew that. You must be a former enemy of mine from somewhere. But oh well I faced up to my mistake and have moved on and am doiing quite ok for myself, just to keep you informed since it sounds like you could write a book about me. But anyways yea I think you could call the Jockster a legend, and I may be partial but wouldnt it be nice if they dedicated the new field or named it after him. I just thought it would be a good idea, but who knows!! Holla at ya boy ejw gov orange and all my boys. Hey 12timechamp I would love to hear your opinion on this subject.

Cole44, what is your name and where are you from? I bet you where one of those kids in high school that never got to play ,but you would know trivia on every sport...(kind of like a guy I work with) You are one of those legend haters because you where and are a "pine-riding" legend...aren't ya!!! Pine riders always have got something to say cuz they never were any good at any but watching!! :D Pine riding fools that talk garage that know nothing about anything but what they have HEARD makes "hank" come out in me!! It's all good Crud not every can be a legend so they'll hate on the real playas :D

[Edited by apsugov7 on 4-22-03 1:10P]

true,true, and true again. I must admit you are all correct about me. I'm not a has been I'm a never was. I am glad to admit that since btru23 admitted to what he did. I really meant no harm. I just wanted to liven things up a little. Farmer was a great athlete and is a really good coach. Everyone is allowed to make some mistakes. Just don't repeat them.