Region 6a

ruddle31

i know this has been a subject a few times but seriously instead of collinwood and waynesboro fighting about who wins in week 10 who wins the region? in the past this region has always been tough with several teams that could win it so anybody in the region would be a good answer since this region is always so close.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ask me i think it will be between Moore Co. and Cascade. Here's why last year every team in the region was full of experianced seniors except for mc and cascade. i know that was the case for mc but i'm not 100% sure about cascade. i think collinwood will be out of it for the most part cause they have lost there all pro players and i don't know anything about waynseboro.

The region would appear to be more competitive than in any year in recent memory, with many of the teams losing key performers to graduation. However, winning seems to perpetuate itself, so I would expect Collinwood and Cascade, the winnest teams in the region over the past three years, to again go after the top spot. After these two, it will probably be a dog-fight between Forrest, Huntland, Moore Co and Wanye Co for the other two playoff spots. Eagleville is a wild-card this year that no one can predict. They had a great season playing a JV schedule last year and are very confident this year. It remains to be seen how well their success last year will translate to playing on Friday nights. And, particularly in 1A football, the addition, or substraction, of a talented player or two can have a major effect on how a team does, so any predictions made this time of year are SWAG's at best. However, here's my SWAG for the region:

1. Cascade (3 straight playoffs, 2 straight seconds and a lot of talent returning)

2. Collinwood (Huge shoes to fill in Ward, Victory, Green, .....)

3. Wayne Co. (Good talent returning, may be better than 3rd)

4. Moore Co. (Just a feeling that they are slowly going to return to MC of old)

5. Huntland (Great TB, but limited offensively otherwise)

6. Forrest (Myers and Haynes will be hard to replace)

7. Eagleville (I have no idea, but I am not going to put them ahead of any of the top six until they beat one of them)

8. Columbia Academy ( Never know from year-to-year how good they will be)

9. Cornersville (tough region to rebuild a program in)

10. Mt Pleasant (another long season seems very possible)

You seem to have pretty much summed up the region there brichard. I think the top 3 or 4 teams in the region will battle for the top spot. I think it will be a closer race this year than in the past. The guys from COllinwood have a lot to prove this year with the loss of Ward, Victory, Rich and Green not to mention all the other seniors. Most people think they will be way off from their performance of the last 3 years. Thses boys can play ball though and I think they are going to surprise a lot of people. I'm not saying they will win the region, but that is possible. But there are 2 or 3 other teams in the region that are just as capable of winning. I can't wait until the season starts to see what happens this year. Good luck to all the teams.

Great post brichard. I don't really disagree with any of it. However, I think any of your top 6 are capable of winning it. We will likely have a year where the teams are all beating up on each other and have a logjam at the top and middle. It should make it more interesting than the last couple of years where it has been Collinwood and then everyone else. I think Eagleville will be good in the future with the # of athletes they have up there, good coaching staff, and the possibility of drawing some kids out of the Boro. But I think initially they may struggle. Mt. Pleasant could also become good quickly depending on the coaching situation. We all know with the athletes they have walking the halls if you could get em all on the field playing together they could roll over most of us.

tnfisher,

I absolutely agree with your assessment of Mt. Pleasant. Given the right coach that can get the athletes on the field with the right attitude and in the right postions, they could be really good. They definitely had more talent than their record indicated last year.

I also agree that the region will be wide-open this year. I'll continue pick Cascade and Collinwood at the top until proven otherwise just because of recent history, but any of the teams in my top 6 is more than capable of winning the region. I actually had a hard time picking between Forrest, Moore Co and Huntland because I think all three will be improved over last year.

I love this time of year in a way, because all the speculation and talk gets me really excited for the season to get started. And, since my school has already been put out in baseball, I really don't have anything else to talk about but football.

Good luck to all the teams in Region 6A. I really expect it to be a great season.

Edited by brichard

i agree that there will be teams beating up on each other and the 2,3,an4 position will be a close race but the # 1 team in the region will dominate.should sweep the region and we all know its not goin to be collinwood.I cant believe people r still saying collinwood will win the region wake up WARD,VIC,GREEN,RICH,AND ECT..(there no longer there)i'll say it as blunt as i can COLLINWOOD WILL NOT WIN THE REGION!!!i cant say who will its goin to be a tough region but its over for collinwood.trojan fans...get another hobbie

Football is the essence of america,but not because of championships or titles.the drive to compete-the guts to play-the will to come from behind- the grace to walk off the field a loser-THATS THE ESSENCE OF FOOTBALL

Archie Manning

I for one ruddle didn't say Collinwood will win the district. No it's not over for Collinwood. We are loyal fans whether they are winning or not. Just because they lost a lot of good players don't mean it's over for them. It may be, who knows. No matter what the fans will be there every Friday night. Remember the Cat's gotta come to the Wood this year. Remember the score of the last game there? Not saying that will happen again but it won't be a pushover like you think it will be.

I said nothing about a pushover all i said was collinwood wont win the region and they WONT.i am looking forward to the collinwood waynesboro matchup.i cant wait until we come over to the wood this yr bring the loyal fans yall will need them...lol good luck to collinwood