Middle Tennessee Wrestling Camps

MLK

For thirteen years, The Middle Tennessee Wrestling Camps have provided outstanding instruction and competitive opportunity to over a thousand wrestlers ranging in ability from the young and inexperienced to seasoned champions. The instructors are some of the finest high school coaches in the state who know how to win. Camp participants will learn moves that have optimum percentage of success at the high school level. Instruction covers technique, strategy, and match preparation. These camps are for current champions and future champions. For grades 7th -12th.

INDIVIDUAL CAMP: June 9th - June 13th at Father Ryan High School. Instructors: Gordon Connell (McCallie), Pat Simpson (Father Ryan). For further information, contact Pat Simpson at 383-4200 (S) or 319-3687 (H).

TEAM CAMP (For entire teams, partial teams, or individuals): July 7th, 8th, 9th at MBA. Instructors: Pat Simpson (Father Ryan), Frank Simpson (MBA), Luther Killian (McCallie), Walt Holmes (Houston HS), Mark Taylor (FRA) Tommy Badon (Dickson County HS), Steve Henry (Soddy Daisy HS), Steve Shone (Sycamore HS). Cost of $105 per wrestler includes instruction, coaching, lunch each day, and a T-shirt. For further information, contact Frank Simpson at 298-5514 ext 238 (S) or 662-7844 (H).

See you there,

Luther Killian

• 1 month later...

Last week, one hundred thirty wrestlers from 23 high schools and middle schools participated in the annual Middle Tennessee Wrestling Team Camp held at Montgomery Bell Academy combing instructions, drills, and competition. Pat Simpson, Frank Simpson, and Walt Holmes provided outstanding, lead instruction and were superbly assited by other local coaches: Marc Taylor, Tommy Badon, Steve Shone, Johnny Rich, and Jonathan Williams. As informative and impressive as the instruction was, the competition was spirited and intense. In the team competition, the kilt-clad head coach, Jay Jenkins, lead Scotland to the camp championship. Undefeated, individual wrestlers were: Aaron Bateman, Jacob Blystone, Lucas Borneman, Stanley Brooks, Daniel Carter, James Dade, Nathan Deutsch, Mark Ford, Matt Francis, JT Gordy, Matthew Namer, John Michael Simpson, Mark Simpson, Justin Tisdale. Congratulations to all who participated.