Kudos to the Cmaden Lions

donhaney

I would have posted this on the Camden/Lewis County thread but it seems that juvenile dementia has basically taken over black and gold country...

To the Camden Lions, congratulations on a great game. I think a lot of Lewis Countians took you for granted and it almost came back to haunt them big time. Speaking strictly as a fan of the game, you deserved a better fate. Speaking strictly as a Lewis County fan, I am glad to escape and move to the next round. I think that your program is definitely on the upswing and this group of seniors has given those to follow a great base to grow on. I talked with a lot of our coaches and supporters after the game this evening and everyone offers much congratulations on your fine effort.

You will read a lot of people who will blame our performance on "looking over you", our coaching staff, our lack of effort, turnovers...etc. I tend to blame our performance on the fact that Camden gave Lewis County everything they wanted and then some. Good luck in the future.

I believe that anyone with any true sense of the game and isn't blind to the facts would acknowledge that Region 6-AA is the far superior region this year and for Lewis County to advance, it will take a supreme effort on their part.

Edited by donhaney

"Thank You" donhaney and reporter for those good comments. We came down and gave it our best game and came up a little short, in a game that could have gone either way. I guess it was one of the closest games that I have attended in years. Yes, a field goal made, or a different play call, a break from the officials, or one less turnover, and it could have been a win for Camden. I will say that it was good play calling on the part of the Lewis Co. coaching staff, and good execution from the players on that last drive and a great kick by the kicker. I thought our team played very well and with confidence the whole game. I thought the game went well without any conflicts. Of course, I didn't always agree with all of the officials calls or even all of our coaches play calls, and I'm sure they're questioning themselves on some of them. Anyway, congratulations to Lewis Co. on a hard fought game. P.S. donhaney, do you think that the train horn on the deer stand could be eliminated? I don't know that it bothered our team that much but it seemed a little too much of a home field noisemaker. They do have the police car with sirens and lights, but the train horn is a little too much. Thanks! :D