Marion Co.

FenderSRVHendrix

Well folks, I'm back after a long break. This basketball season has been rocky in more ways than one for MC. Coach Johnny Grimes has announced his retirement as principal at Marion County High. Also, he was handed down a notice from Dr. Fred Taylor that Coach Tim Taylor is fired as head football coach (which stinks, Johnny is a great principal, a great guy, he has given 30+ years of service to Marion County Schools, and Dr. (how did that happen?!) Taylor puts a big black blemish at the end of his work - thanks Coach, I'll miss you..even though I'd miss you anyway, I'm graduating this year haha). Also, to add to the fire, MC is adjusting to the new coaching style under Coach Roberts. Even with this much change, MC continues on in the sport season with their heads up high, and they're feet on the ground. I'm looking forward to the remainder of this season which has been given a fresh start with a new year. Anyone else at MC ready to move on in spite of the thick fog of turmoil surrounding the community? I know I am.

Happy new year, don't stick to your resolutions too long. More to come,

AC :D

Coach Roberts will turn that program around. It has been a while since a Marion Co. basketball boys team has had the disclipline and the work ethics that Coach Roberts expects.

He will get some results this year, but judge him in three or four years when he has had a chance to put his stamp on it.

Good luck to Coach Roberts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest warriorpride12

Everyone is starting to buy into the way he coachs and the team is doing better then they were before the New Year. But this week is a big week for the warriors. They have three games this week against Tyner tonight, Grundy Friday, and Saturday against Dade. So this week will be a huge week and I know that we will get three big wins this week. Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!