Top 10 in WEST TN

pindu

Freddie had 80 goals and 60 assists!

Since the State record for goals in a season is 71 by Andy Metcalf (USJ), I would find that incredible! I just wish that when people talk stats, they would know more about it before to throw numbers out there. Freddie is without a doubt the best player in the area, but let's not pumped up the numbers, and also let's look at the schedule. If I had a player of that caliber, I would though up my schedule.

This is going to be a great year but let's not forget Westview either.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Freddy isn't as dominant as people think he is. Sure he scored 60 sumtin goals but he did it against a schedule that a U-12 team could compete with. Haywood is a 2 man show with very little dept. Westview has some talent but they have some spots to fill on the defense and their goalie Alex is good when he tries. My club team was playing westview and Alex was sitting down in the goalie box crying about how he wanted to play forward and he just wasn't putting any effort into the game. Both of these teams have potential to make it deep into the playoffs but i think their dept and goalie play is going to hurt both teams

I doubt Ale does any of that with Simon, and he realizes that he isnt going to play forward for Westview. We need him back at goalie. Our defense might be a little weaker this year true but we've added quality players and will be pretty solid. Im looking forward to playing Haywood and Freddy this year.

I doubt Ale does any of that with Simon, and he realizes that he isnt going to play forward for Westview. We need him back at goalie. Our defense might be a little weaker this year true but we've added quality players and will be pretty solid. Im looking forward to playing Haywood and Freddy this year.

Its goin good. Lost a few players but got some good replacements. He has us playing a totally new style and we beat a pretty good UTM club team rather easily. Have a scrimmage tomorrow against Liberty. I really like how things are looking right now though.

Josh High is lookin alot better this year and plays two different positions. Usually starts back at Sweeper I think but comes up and takes up the forward position when one of us gets taken out. Who knows how that rotation will work when the actual games start. Josh Baltz is usually one of the first subs and holds his own pretty good too.

• 3 weeks later...

I play for Haywood, and Freddy didn't score 60 goals. He scored 50 goals, but I don't remember how many assists he had. The state record, I think, is 65, not 71. Freddy should easily break the career state total around midseason and end the season about 20 goals past the career record, if he keeps the same pace he had last year. Haywood will be good contender for a trip to state along with Martin, which is probably our only real competition for district and regionals like last year.