Farragut 9 Franklin/Centennial 7

Imrightyourewrong

Following Farragut's 14-9 victory over CBHS, they traveled to Centennial High to play on a thirty minute break. Farragut came out somewhat flat but ended the first quarter up 4-1. They scored in the first minute of the second quarter to go up 5-1 and didn't score again until the first minute of the fourth quarter. You can blame this on lack of energy following their first game and Franklin's surprising talent level. Franklin made it 5-5 going into the fourth quarter but then Farragut made it 6-5 with seven minutes left. Franklin then score two in a row to go up 7-6 with five minutes left. Farragut retaliated with three goals in two minute to permanently stay on top 9-7.

Farragut played a very weak game offensively and made many defensive mistakes. They are a much better team than the score indicates but you can't take anything away from Franklin's talent level. Franklin is a very fast team on both ends but their lack of depth hurts and they are a little inexperienced defensively. They have a decent goalie and are very good at using back cuts in the correct situations. Franklin could easily beat a couple of DI teams on a good day so they should not be taken lightly.

Guest BIGRUSN

I completely agree there. We played them in some fall ball and they were no push-over. We narowly escaped with the victory, but their defense didnt seem to weak to me.

Farragut you guys played us an amazing game. It was fun to play in and I know you guys were worn out but that win was a testament to your athletic ablility. You're right we were a little hurt in depth but some of our first line middies were gone for that game so the lines were changed a bit. We were playing with players that we weren't totally comfortable with. Good game and we'll see you guys in May.

We are not going to go DI it would be cool though. If we were ever going to do it it would have been this year. We don't have enough intrest or incoming talent locally to support the type of program that DI needs to thrive. We discussed it for about 5 minutes last year and came up with the idea that we will never go DI. Our problem is once we get the amount of players needed we'll just split the team and Franklin will go their way and Centennial their own as well.