State qualifying?

athlete12

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH- SRY- There are actually NO qualifying times, although I sometimes wish there were and am sure many Coaches would agree there needs to be a "Time Qualifying Standard" due to the fact that some kids with very respectable times get left at home , while others enjoy the priveledge of running in the State meet even though there times are not up to standards as much as others that just happen to be in a "tougher" region so to speak and never make it out of it!

In other words- Its the top 2 times from each region- Although I believe DivisionII may have an exception to this rule with a "Wildcard" draw???

Maybe somebody else with a little more knowledge can help me out on this one!

For AAA- making it to state would depend on your region and its strength, but to compete well at State- I am guessing you would need a 50 or below for the 400, sub 2:00 in the 800, and probably sub 4:30ish in the mile- No offense but these events take ALOT of time and training that probably can't be gotten in the next 5 or 6 weeks unless you are in tip top shape right now. If you are really fast maybe you might consider the 200 or 100? Not quiet as long of a training period involved! SPINTERS don't shoot me for saying that! ;) What grade are you in?

Well good luck no matter what you decide, try Cross Country in the fall, it would get you in great shape for Basketball, and if you do well in it then try Track next spring when you have more time to train. Anyone can run, but you have to TRAIN hard to be a winner. Track is one of the hardest sports to compete in unless you are willing to put in the hours of neccessary training!! Do you have a track Coach- what does he think- does he want you to run? Maybe you are just a natural talent- You never did say what School you go to?

Edited by ~justme~

Low 50's for a freshman starting out sounds really good- I think it would be worth your time to persue this- who knows you might decide you like it better than basketball or football! Sad to say but I can't remember who won State last year- Houston?

Edited by ~justme~