Bucs @ Whitwell

footballrox

To SCHStribe and KRP:

Boyd's kicker has been there since pre-k and he lives 5 miles from the school. The next kicker will come from the JV or the middle school, not doubt. Where did the "next" qb come from? Oh the naysayers said that when Healy left it was all over, but the coach's son stepped up nicely( by the way, he's been there since he was 9.) Yes there are a few players from out of county or across county, but as I understand it Marion and Sequatchie both have open zone school choices. Can't kids choose from a couple of schools over there? If you want to take issue with someone, ask the parents of the kids who transferred, not the school that they chose.

By the way, to even insinuate that Boyd manipulates enrollment to get more guys is so off-base it is funny.  It only makes you appear ignorant of the facts and petty as a competitor. I know you don't want that.

Don't hate success, copy it! That is what Boyd did with it's program. Boyd succeeds as a football team because of coaching, training, hours of video study, and great community support- and they do it with undersized players (except Payne, he's a brute!)  It took 7 years to get where they are and it"ll take you that long also if you start today.  I have lots of friends in the valley and they are great people. Y'all could do it if you worked it right. I'd love to see y'all whip SP all over the field!!

I know there is a chance Boyd could overlook this game, but the coaches and parents won't let that happen.

825342749[/snapback]

Then why is Boyd 60/40 male to female? I'll tell you why, football brings in the most money and males contribute more to their alma mater than females. One kicker don't make no team.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why is Boyd 60/40 male to female? I'll tell you why, football brings in the most money and males contribute more to their alma mater than females. One kicker don't make no team.

825342792[/snapback]

krp,

You just haven't a clue. The principals at Boyd interview prospective students and decide who comes in. Both are women. The secondary principal is a great person, but she doesn't really like Football. So there is NO WAY she is preferentially bringing in students who will help with Football. Besides, the majority of the team came up from elementary.

Quit assigning your values to Boyd. The emphasis over there is on spirituality and academics. Athletics are good but not what is important. If you had ever been there you would know it. :D

Finally, I haven't a clue if there even are more boys than girls in the high-school this year. I fail to see what that has to do with anything? Our girls Softball and Vollyball teams are very good too...what excuse are you going to use for them? How silly. I'm sure that sometime in the last several years the ratio has been one way and sometimes the other. So what?

To SCHStribe and KRP:

Boyd's kicker has been there since pre-k and he lives 5 miles from the school. The next kicker will come from the JV or the middle school, not doubt. Where did the "next" qb come from? Oh the naysayers said that when Healy left it was all over, but the coach's son stepped up nicely( by the way, he's been there since he was 9.) Yes there are a few players from out of county or across county, but as I understand it Marion and Sequatchie both have open zone school choices. Can't kids choose from a couple of schools over there? If you want to take issue with someone, ask the parents of the kids who transferred, not the school that they chose.

By the way, to even insinuate that Boyd manipulates enrollment to get more guys is so off-base it is funny.  It only makes you appear ignorant of the facts and petty as a competitor. I know you don't want that.

Don't hate success, copy it! That is what Boyd did with it's program. Boyd succeeds as a football team because of coaching, training, hours of video study, and great community support- and they do it with undersized players (except Payne, he's a brute!)  It took 7 years to get where they are and it"ll take you that long also if you start today.  I have lots of friends in the valley and they are great people. Y'all could do it if you worked it right. I'd love to see y'all whip SP all over the field!!

I know there is a chance Boyd could overlook this game, but the coaches and parents won't let that happen.

825342749[/snapback]

You pointed this at me so I want you to know, I never said or insinuated Boyd manipulated numbers!

I agree with your point and I'm sure most students do come thru the system. I also know that if I had a son that is gifted I would look for a school that could showcase his talent and receive lots of press coverage. Because the program is good at Boyd you receive students that are out of area and very good, and that is not the schools fault or problem (and really good for the school).

But now my point to take that school and compare it to a school without that luxury is "ignorant" as you say. All 1-A team’s meet the criteria set out by TSSAA, but are not created equal. So saying as some have Boyd will "teach a lesson" to Whitwell, or "run the ball down there throat" I wont to know why... other then being the average 1-A team that can not compete with Boyd what has Whitwell done to deserve your wrath?

I hope you see what I am saying and if you don't it really doesn't matter because there are lots of people that do.

Good luck to you and your program.

That post gave me a reason alone to sign up and reply. Honestly, that was the most stupid thing I've ever read on this message board. Do you actually expect a perfect 50/50 ratio, I mean seriously. You may be right when you say that football brings in the most money, but do you really think that's the reason most of the parents send their sons to Boyd? Do they really spend all that money it cost to go to Boyd, just so that there son may have the chance to play on the football team? So I ask, could you be anymore narrow minded when you say that Boyd Buchanan is the only reason the majority of the 'guys' go there? I think not.

I leave you with this, 'At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.'

And to stay on task, Boyd wins big.

SCHSTribe and krp,

From reading your posts, I have come to the conclusion that you are knowledgable in matters pertaining to high school football. You seem to be a very understanding person as well. What has seized my attention is your false, indirect comments at Boyd-Buchanan. Apparently, someone has told you incorrect information about the school, or you made up the information yourself. Boyd-Buchanan is a great school that has a great football program. When it comes to the football program, the team works just as hard as any team in the state and the superior coaching staff could be one of the best in the state. Could this be the reason that Boyd-Buchanan football is dominating in power? Well, there is a lot of talent on the team, I admit, which counts for some of the dominating power.

p.s.

One kicker don't make no team.

Do I really have to say anything about this comment?

Edited by SkrillaLip

That post gave me a reason alone to sign up and reply.  Honestly, that was the most stupid thing I've ever read on this message board.  Do you actually expect a perfect 50/50 ratio, I mean seriously.  You may be right when you say that football brings in the most money, but do you really think that's the reason most of the parents send their sons to Boyd?  Do they really spend all that money it cost to go to Boyd, just so that there son may have the chance to play on the football team?  So I ask, could you be anymore narrow minded when you say that Boyd Buchanan is the only reason the majority of the 'guys' go there?  I think not. 

I leave you with this, 'At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.'

And to stay on task, Boyd wins big.

825342983[/snapback]

You are the one that is irrational. If you think males don't contribute more and they are expected to be higher wage earners. The ratio does not fluctuate that much it always favors males. And yes, a winning sports team prompts many parents to consider a school that offers such, especially if they feel their child is gifted. As to why a lot of them spend all that money, simply put, it feeds their ego and gives them a sense of prestige. Last but not least, God has nothing to do with it.

SCHSTribe and krp,

From reading your posts, I have come to the conclusion that you are knowledgable in matters pertaining to high school football.  You seem to be a very understanding person as well.  What has seized my attention is your false, indirect comments at Boyd-Buchanan.  Apparently, someone has told you incorrect information about the school, or you made up the information yourself.  Boyd-Buchanan is a great school that has a great football program.  When it comes to the football program, the team works just as hard as any team in the state and the superior coaching staff could be one of the best in the state.  Could this be the reason that Boyd-Buchanan football is dominating in power?  Well, there is a lot of talent on the team, I admit, which counts for some of the dominating power.

p.s.

Do I really have to say anything about this comment?

825343199[/snapback]

You left out, it has more than the whole state in which to choose its players. In fact the whole country. Contrary to what Boyd says, they do advertise in various publications and do mention their sports programs. Anyone seen an advertisment for Whitwell High School or any other public school lately?

As to why a lot of them spend all that money, simply put, it feeds their ego and gives them a sense of prestige. Last but not least, God has nothing to do with it.

I find it funny that you speak for everyone, yet you don't even go to Boyd? You possibly couldn't stereotype anymore than you already have. Get your head out of your butt and realize that there is more to a school than football.

Now everyone...just calm down. Let's all try to remember that everything will be right with the world next year when South Pittsburg gets their region back once those mean ol' bullies at Boyd-Buchanan are gone. I think we all know, deep down, that's the real issue here.

Back on topic, Boyd's not looking past anyone. They're focused on what they need to do to Whitwell, and the final score will reflect that.

I have read this thread til I'm sick of it. Yeah Boyd is a decent team. So what!?! My problem with you guys is you are so cocky and stuck on yourself that you do not exemplify what your school is SUPPOSED to stand for. You're putting yourself off as a bunch of snotty nose rich brats. JUST REMEMBER WHAT YOU'RE PROGRAM USED TO BE LIKE...AND REMEMBER THE SCRIPTURE THAT YOUR SCHOOL SHOULD BE PRACTICING, PRIDE GOETH BEFEORE A FALL. As for the emphasis being on spirituality and education, maybe, but it is also on football. Don't get in a verbal fight with me cause I can bring some stuff out that would rock this board about Boyd.

Boyd will compete in 2A and they will win...but probably not their region. Tyner is there remember? If you guys are such a good program, then start scheduling Soddy Daisy, MBA, Brentwood...we all know you can beat most 1A schools. However, you won't win a title this year. You are not the same team, your good, but not a state championship good.

BaldCoach - I know who you are, don't get on this board trying to cover up for what you and I both know happens at Boyd and the money people that are behind you.

Boyd should be in the private division. Enough said.