5A Mr. Football candidates

hs sports fan

I see your point about Dave Thomas and what an athlete he is. He means alot to Riverdale. But, you can't argue as a matter of fact that there are not others that mean just as much to their teams as Dave does to Riverdale. I see Duran Ferguson's numbers as being very impressive and Duran means just as much to his team as does Dave. Also Duran, like Dave Thomas, and like many other great players on great teams get pulled from the game early all the time. This years race has many candidates for Mr Football and there is not a runaway winner this year by a long shot. I speak of Duran and Dave because I have seen them both play.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point about Dave Thomas and what an athlete he is.  He means alot to Riverdale.  But, you can't argue as a matter of fact that there are not others that mean just as much to their teams as Dave does to Riverdale.  I see Duran Ferguson's numbers as being very impressive and Duran means just as much to his team as does Dave.  Also Duran, like Dave Thomas, and like many other great players on great teams get pulled from the game early all the time.  This years race has many candidates for Mr Football and there is not a runaway winner this year by a long shot.  I speak of Duran and Dave because I have seen them both play.

825378808[/snapback]

Duran didn't get pulled against Jeff County and had a terrible game--70 yards passing, 2 INTs and 0 TDs. He's got great size and a good arm but if DB plays a team that puts pressure on the QB and keeps the game in front of them, Duran has troubles. Great players (Mr. Football types) have great games against good defensive teams. Duran will have to win state to change my mind and get my vote.

That game was not just Duran, the whole offense was flat and Jeff Co played against the pass anyway. Last years and this years numbers don't lie and neither do the caliber of colleges that Duran is attracting. You have your opinion and I will have mine.

And PS, quit going to all the threads that you could possibly discuss Dave as Mr Football and bashing anyones suggestion that somebody else other than Dave might win. I have seen Dave and he is awesome, one of the best and certainly a candidate. Get out and see these other players, this years race will be close, not a rnaway by a longshot. So chill

Edited by bud