Thomas Welch

BHSbruins08

I read recently on the Unapproved Website football recruiting site that Brentwood TE/DL Thomas Welch (6'7" 228) will be attending Vanderbilt in the fall. However, it doesn't actually say that he has signed, but Vanderbilt is the only school on his interest list. Being a Vanderbilt season ticket holder, I think it would be great for the Vanderbilt program, but not for Thomas Welch. Being from the Nashville area, Vanderbilt does have an edge, but judging from the football prominence and emphasis, Vanderbilt comes in last in the SEC. Welch has all of the SEC schools (at least) looking at him, so why does he choose Vandy? If I were him, I would either look at UT, Florida, Georgia, or Auburn, but that's just me, and I'm only looking at prestige, and not location.

Someone who knows him better than me, please respond, and either tell me I'm wrong (which I don't have a problem with), or tell me where he actually is planning on going.