Lincoln County at Cumberland County

jabbo

Well, it's Thursday, and there wasn't a discussion last week on the Falcons and the Hazel Green AL Trojans, so I figure we ought to discuss this one. Nothing is riding on this game except pride on both sides...it's a long ride up to Crossville for the Falcons - let's hope it's a happy ride back.

I'm picking the Falcons over the Jets by two touchdowns.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat CUMBERLAND COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's Thursday, and there wasn't a discussion last week on the Falcons and the Hazel Green AL Trojans, so I figure we ought to discuss this one.  Nothing is riding on this game except pride on both sides...it's a long ride up to Crossville for the Falcons - let's hope it's a happy ride back.

I'm picking the Falcons over the Jets by two touchdowns.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat CUMBERLAND COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825404132[/snapback]

Cumberland County will not make the playoffs but I think they are going to play this game close. Lincoln County just doesn't seem to be hyped about this game. They weren't last week and as you seen we got trashed by a Hazel Green team that when I saw them play two weeks earlier weren't that good. We just need to score early and establish momentum and I think LC will do fine.

Edited by tdluna

Cumberland County will not make the playoffs but I think they are going to play this game close. Lincoln County just doesn't seem to be hyped about this game. They weren't last week and as you seen we got trashed by a Hazel Green team that when I saw them play two weeks earlier weren't that good. We just need to score early and establish momentum and I think LC will do fine.

825404275[/snapback]

I agree...if we establish the momentum things will be allright - but if we come into the game like we did against Hazel Green it will be another long night.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat CUMBERLAND COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game was close all night until that last Falcon touchdown. The game started out to look like it was going to be a Falcon romp, but the Jets adjusted and it stayed close...I wasn't at ease until we scored that last touchdown. Other than a little too much confusion with their offense the Jets played well. Their passing game gave us fits, and the running game improved as the night went on.

Good job, Falcons...now get ready for Smyrna! The prize for beating them may not be appealing (a trip to Riverdale), but let's beat 'em anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree the game was much closer than the score said, but I gotta give the Jets credit they fought hard the whole game and did not give up. I'm looking forward to next year I see the Jets having a great season next year so everyone in the region better get ready. I dont see this region changing see you all next season

I totally agree the game was much closer than the score said, but I gotta give the Jets credit they fought hard the whole game and did not give up. I'm looking forward to next year I see the Jets having a great season next year so everyone in the region better get ready. I dont see this region changing  see you all next season

825407604[/snapback]

It was a weird night for both teams. The Jets defense acted like they were playing flag football. Kudo's to Lincoln Co. they had a good game plan of sticking to their game plan unlike the Jets constantly going away from whatever was working. The best thing about this years Jets is the fact they never give up and watching #28 run when they would actually give him the carries. Only 1 loss in his career when he goes over 100 yards. As far as next season, I don't see that and unless someone decides to step up on the O-line. As an old Jet I really hope I am wrong.