Chattanooga dominates the Georgia Tech Open

Hamm

The results are as follows:

for the 125 weight class

1st place - Martinez (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Johnson (Pensacola Christian)

3rd place - Maldanado (Chattanooga)

for the 133 weight class

1st place - Keefe (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Raines (Chattanooga)

3rd place - James (Chattanooga)

for the 141 weight class

1st place - Bosken (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Buckholtz (Chattanooga)

3rd place - Bertsch (Cumberland College)

for the 149 weight class

1st place - McGettrick (Pensacola Christian)

2nd place - Cofer (Chattanooga)

3rd place - Newton (Cumberland College)

for the 157 weight class

1st place - Rogers (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Hicks (Chattanooga)

3rd place - Rieck(Santa Fe Community College)

for the 165 weight class

1st place - Peterson (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Reed (Cumberland College)

3rd place - Hernandez (Cumberland College)

for the 174 weight class

1st place - Otis (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Sayers (Chattanooga)

3rd place - Gibson (Chattanooga)

for the 184 weight class

1st place - Lorenzano (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Bender (Santa Fe Community College)

3rd place - Myers (University of Central Florida)

for the 197 weight class

1st place - Watson (Independent)

2nd place - Hauser (University of Central Florida)

3rd place - Fernandez (University of Central Florida)

for the 235 weight class

1st place - Lawlor (University of Central Florida)

2nd place - Harden (Independent)

3rd place - Muncy (Cumberland College)

for the 285 weight class

1st place - Silva (Chattanooga)

2nd place - Graves (Independent)

3rd place - Terry (Auburn University)

Edited by Hamm

Hamm, Thanks for posting results. It allows more of us to have a stake in the action. A suggestion that might make your reports more inclusive is to give the school names rather than abbreivations. While most of us may be familiar with higher-profile teams, i. e. UT-C, some us may be in the dark on the identities of lesser-known abbreivations.

Hamm, Thanks for posting results.  It allows more of us to have a stake in the action.  A suggestion that might make your reports more inclusive is to give the school names rather than abbreivations.  While most of us may be familiar with higher-profile teams, i. e. UT-C, some us may be in the dark on the identities of lesser-known abbreivations.

825412568[/snapback]

Sorry about that...if you didn't notice, i made the post at like 3 am so i was a little tired, but i wanted to post it before i went to sleep.

Bye the way, the 197lb Champion (Joe Watson) is a former Chattanooga wrestler also. While at Chattanooga, he was once the #8 ranked 184 pounder in the NCAA. He's now a volunteer high school coach in Georgia and shocked a lot of people by showing up at this tournament.

Also notice how Chattanooga completely dominated 133 and 174, and the redshirts Kyle James and Quinn Gibson both placed. I still find it funny that Quinn Gibson is still pinning everyone!!!

Edited by Hamm

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry about that...if you didn't notice, i made the post at like 3 am so i was a little tired, but i wanted to post it before i went to sleep.

Bye the way, the 197lb Champion (Joe Watson) is a former Chattanooga wrestler also.  While at Chattanooga, he was once the #8 ranked 184 pounder in the NCAA.  He's now a volunteer high school coach in Georgia and shocked a lot of people by showing up at this tournament.

Also notice how Chattanooga completely dominated 133 and 174, and the redshirts Kyle James and Quinn Gibson both placed.  I still find it funny that Quinn Gibson is still pinning everyone!!!

825412725[/snapback]

hey hamm

pop quiz do you know the first utc wrestler to win the GA tech open