Dyersburg

dms

going to be a tuff season for the trojans.....young with inexperienced depth...

they beat a young bartlett team the other night.....they play hard, but lost a lot last year.....

northside is the team to beat in west tennessee and they have a good shot at playing for a state championship...

dburg will battle jcm for 2nd...hardin cnty is young and will more than likely take the 4th place spot....

hey dms...are you aware that dburg will be in 7AA next year?

Edited by mg

they beat a young bartlett team the other night.....they play hard, but lost a lot last year.....

northside is the team to beat in west tennessee and they have a good shot at playing for a state championship...

dburg will battle jcm for 2nd...hardin cnty is young and will more than likely take the 4th place spot....

825443485[/snapback]

I agree mg northside is the team to beat in west tennesee they are very talented and expeirenced. Dyersburg did lose alot last year but the young people are ready to step up and they are led by senior willie maclinn 6'4 athlete that can jump out the gym. Dyersburg has always had a history for playin hard and that will continue this year as coach brown will get his troops ready. noteworthy remember last year the trojans wasn't suppose to be good after losing 4 starters but they they shocked everyone with a substate appearance. this year will be intresting for the trojans. :D

yep, two years of back to back sub state appearances.......that is a good accomplishment.....also, the last two years has seen dburg and northside battle for both the district and region championships against each other....

not real sure what the region has......i think AAA memphis may be up in the air this year.....

it would not surprise me to see dburg and northside to battle for a another district and another region championship, although northside is way ahead of eveyone...

dburg could sneak in another sub-state game for a third straight year...will be tuff...but it could happen...

one thing for sure, coach browns kids play hard....that can win a lot of games for ya....

Edited by mg

825443485[/snapback]

What did you think about Bartlett Thursday night? (I couldn't make it, I was broadcasting the girls game at home.)

bartlett has some tools.....although they are very young, if they improve during the season they could be a surprise...

actually, as young as bartlett is this year, they are pretty good....i though that after hubbie left, the program might slip a little, but coach don seems to be doing a good job...

they had a freshmen that looked pretty good, can't remember his name....

one thing that was evident, from tip to buzzer, they (bartlett) played hard.....the game with dburg was extremely poorly officiated both ways, and dburg's starting point guard had to sit the bench most of the game due to foul trouble.....

how does district 14 stack up....someone stated that cordova may be the team to beat?

Edited by mg

bartlett has some tools.....although they are very young, if they improve during the season they could be a surprise...

actually, as young as bartlett is this year, they are pretty good....i though that after hubbie left, the program might slip a little, but coach don seems to be doing a good job...

they had a freshmen that looked pretty good, can't remember his name....

one thing that was evident, from tip to buzzer, they (bartlett) played hard.....the game with dburg was extremely poorly officiated both ways, and dburg's starting point guard had to sit the bench most of the game due to foul trouble.....

how does district 14 stack up....someone stated that cordova may be the team to beat?

825444113[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard Dorsey had a rough game. He's *SO* good, though. He had 26 between the second half and overtime against Harding Tuesday, 29 total.

I really don't know district-wise. Bolton's big up front, I don't remember much about Cordova from last year, and I didn't see Millington or Munford.

825443485[/snapback]

mg, I saw the reclassification. With Dyersburg and Dyer Co. in AA together things will really be interesting in all the sports. This will remove the discusses of whether they should play every year. These games always had local interest , now they are more important.

hey jucyt, congrates on a great season.....yall surpised me and this year i totally missed the region (except saying that haywood would win)....well, can't be right every year..... i am no jimmy the greek....

mario has a lot of potential.....excellent floor vision and great passing ability......

he could be a very good pg....he has the tools....