Does any one feel the same as i do?

ihoop3s

It is a sad day in basketball when a great Coach such as Mike Greer is forced to resign. What was Obion County thinking? My guess is...THEIR NOT!

I had the pleasure of being a part of one of Coach Greers’s programs while he was at Jackson State. I must tell you, this is a coach that doesn’t come around very often. Being around and involved in the game of basketball my whole life and having known Coach Greer for the last eight plus years, I can honestly say that I have never met a bigger influence or better coach, person, father, friend and/or teacher throughout my life.

Coach, you are doing a great job and keep doing things the right way! Coach John Wooden once said "Ability will get you to the top, character will keep you there." With this quote in mind, this is no doubting your coaching "ability" and you are defiantly one of the top coaches around. You teach players not only about basketball, but about life as well. And as far as character goes, Coach you are one of the classiest characters I have ever met and there is no doubt that this is only a step in the right direction for you and your family. They obviously don’t know what they want. I completely respect you for your decision to stand up for yourself and not let whining parents and idiotic school board members to degrade your character. If there is anything I can do for you and your family, I will never sell you short like Obion has!

For those of you (players, parents, teachers, school board members and fans) that were not responsible for this mishap and do understand what a class act Coach Greer is, my heart goes out to you for losing such a first-class coach.

As far as for those selfish parents and/or school board members in control of that revolving door at Obion County that are responsible for this situation, I also have another quote for you by Coach John Wooden...

"Happiness begins where selfishness ends."