is dyer county going to be good this year

billledbetter

I think that dyer county will be good if the players just work as a team.I think that they need a little more longer to get better and then they will bet everbody.

825481509[/snapback]

They are showing major improvements from the very beginning of the year. I think they will turn out pretty good within the next few weeks.

1-2 more years, I think they will be really good.

I think that dyer county will be good if the players just work as a team.I think that they need a little more longer to get better and then they will bet everbody.

825481509[/snapback]

Bill,

Defining "good" in terms of wins and loses is too easy. I think "good" means you continue to improve with each game. “Good” means everyone playing above their ability as individuals, gaining confidence in each other, becoming more unselfish, eliminating dumb mistakes, and working hard in practice. This coach has a great system, but it is complex and requires athletes who will think about the best move for the team, not themselves. That being said I've heard some great things about this team. Playing hard the whole game, keeping your head up when the score is bad, and continuing to follow the coach's instructions when it all seems to be falling apart.

This coach is a winner. He was the point guard for David Lipscomb University leading them to the NAIA final four in 1990. He scored over 1000 points during his career and his team's record was 147-14. This is the same offense he is trying to teach you guys. Keep the faith, work hard, and listen to your coach. Whatever the outcome of the season, know that the discipline, work ethic, and teamwork this coach instills in you guys will last long after the scoreboard lights are turned off. I’m proud to cheer you guys from afar this year. Soon I’ll be out of the Air Force and moved to Newbern, but for now get out there and BEAT RIPLEY!

D.C. coach knows the game very well.  I have watched him a few times and his teams know what to do.  He, as a person is a arragant jerk he is so into himself.  I also heard that got him fired at his previous coaching job.

825487834[/snapback]

I didn’t hear that he was fired, but I wasn’t very familiar with Harding when it when down. I don’t doubt it was probably by mutual agreement when he left. I’m not sure Coach Froedden was enough of a political animal to be the AD and basketball coach. Every decision that he made against any other program would automatically get a claim of bias by that coach, booster, or player. When Harding BB began to have success, I think some of the other coaches were quick to become jealous and claim Coach Froedden was getting too much of the funds and if they got that much money they would be successful also.

As for being full of himself, I spent some time talking with him this summer and he didn’t come across that way to me.

I would much rather have a coach that is enthusiastic and coaching through the whole game, than one who stares down his player, throws his hands in the air, then turns and sulks on the bench for half the game.