congrats Smith Co.

titanjo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. According to the radio, that 43 game losing streak to LA dates back to 1984! Did LA have 6 straight turnovers in the 4th quarter? Where was that sophomore bunch that Jimbo44 keeps talking about?

825515366[/snapback]

Congratulations to Coach Smith and the four seniors in keeping the losing streak alive for LA.

Congratulations to Coach Smith and the four seniors in keeping the losing streak alive for LA.

825516145[/snapback]

Why didn't you apply for the job then?? Have you won any games, or just a undefeated coach from the 3rd row?? Are you out there playing, or contributing to the team?? If The answer was no then why make a sarcastic statement towrd a Coach and the players?? There's a difference between joking and pointing fingers

Why didn't you apply for the job then??  Have you won any games, or just a undefeated coach from the 3rd row??  Are you out there playing, or contributing to the team??  If The answer was no then why make a sarcastic statement towrd a Coach and the players??  There's a difference between joking and pointing fingers

825516148[/snapback]

Looks to me like the old saying is right. THE TRUTH HURTS. ;);)

No I am not a coach, but I am not blind either. How can you let someone stay on the floor when they are having so many turnovers? Why not put someone else in an see if they are on their game, what could you loose, just the game and we did that anyways.

Looks to me like the old saying is right.  THE TRUTH HURTS. ;)  ;)

No I am not a coach, but I am not blind either.  How can you let someone stay on the floor when they are having so many turnovers?  Why not put someone else in an see if they are on their game, what could you loose, just the game and we did that anyways.

825516566[/snapback]

So what would you have done differently? At what point in the game? Just wondering.

So what would you have done differently? At what point in the game? Just wondering.

825516596[/snapback]

I would have try some of the other girls on the bench to see if they was able to play more under control then what was on the floor. They may have not done any better, but at least they got a chance. I feel like all players have off nights, so what good is the other players on the bench if you don't try them in bad times. From listening to the game, it sounded like everyone on the team play and play good throughout the first half. So where did the confidents in the younger players go the second half. I just think that you will win more ball games when you keep your best players on the floor as much as you can. We are not doing this at LA. Coach Smith is a really good coach and lord know she knows the game, but her one fault in my opinion is her heart is to big. I will bet that at any school you look at, that there is alway some young kids better then some of the seniors on the team. If you don't play them over the seniors then you shouldn't get mad at the girls on the team if you loose. You are the one that made the decision on who is on the floor. The seniors didn't want to loose last night, they play as hard as they could, they just didn't have the skills to handle the pressure that Smith County show them in the second half.

What a game... if you're from Smith County.  ;)

By the way, #23 for Smith County is hot...

825516152[/snapback]

;) ...takes after her brother...

nice comeback for the girls but they shouldnt have been down that much to begin with. tara and monica really stepped up in the 4th quarter to charge that comeback. the whole team did. some girls came in and made some big shots and key plays. startin to look a lil better but still not near to their potential. but i think that second half showed them what they r capable of. hopefully they can carry that confidence throughout the rest of the season. thumb

I would have try some of the other girls on the bench to see if they was able to play more under control then what was on the floor.  They may have not done any better, but at least they got a chance.  I feel like all players have off nights, so what good is the other players on the bench if you don't try them in bad times.  From listening to the game, it sounded like everyone on the team play and play good throughout the first half.  So where did the confidents in the younger players go the second half.  I just think that you will win more ball games when you keep your best players on the floor as much as you can.  We are not doing this at LA. Coach Smith is a really good coach and lord know she knows the game, but her one fault in my opinion is her heart is to big.  I will bet that at any school you look at, that there is alway some young kids better then some of the seniors on the team.  If you don't play them over the seniors then you shouldn't get mad at the girls on the team if you loose.  You are the one that made the decision on who is on the floor.  The seniors didn't want to loose last night, they play as hard as they could, they just didn't have the skills to handle the pressure that Smith County show them in the second half.

825516644[/snapback]

Thanks. Just wanted to know.

:D ...takes after her brother...

nice comeback for the girls but they shouldnt have been down that much to begin with. tara and monica really stepped up in the 4th quarter to charge that comeback. the whole team did. some girls came in and made some big shots and key plays. startin to look a lil better but still not near to their potential. but i think that second half showed them what they r capable of. hopefully they can carry that confidence throughout the rest of the season. thumb

825516661[/snapback]

Do you have another brother? :unsure::lol::lol: