Big game tonite Jackson Northside @ Haywood

tomcat00

NSINdians....

I heard the same thing about the game. I was not there, and was shocked to a see a 13 point final score, but talked to a coach friend of mine who was at the game, and he informed me it was just a 2 point game with around 2 minutes to go when the Tech really put the game away... The word from his is that the game was one of the worst officiated he had been to in years...so I'm glad I didn't make the trip out there after all...

Both teams are great teams nonetheless, and both have a chance at really making a deep postseason run...

And...I hope Northside does get to play Bradley again this year...

825550316[/snapback]

Here we go with this mess again. Everytime Haywood steps up to the plate and beats a team that everyone feels is legit, something happened. I knew I would hear about Richard not playing, but I didnt think I would hear mess about the officiating. Reginald Delk pushed off all nite long they refused to call it. He took three steps to the basket a lot. He shot more free throws than anyone in the game. The Tomcats evened the game up when the refs called the tech. ITS JUST A SHAME THAT EVERYTIME A TEAM PLAYS WELL AND WINS YOU HEAR MESS ABOUT THE OFFICIATING. EVEN FROM GOMAB!!! YOU SAID ONE THING RIGHT BOTH TEAMS ARE GREAT. JUST GIVE THE CREDIT AND DONT BLAME THE OFFICIALS. One of them didnt blow his whistle all nite long I dont think. So he couldnt have called it for one team or the other. And you were shocked huh gomab, I dont know why they beat them by 10 in Jackson with both of the twins!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tomcat... I gave Haywood credit...

I was shocked to see a 13 point final... Northside is playing very well, and Richard was not at 100% in the other game due to the injury, so I thought Northside would take this one, or at least it would be a 2 point game or so...

Bad officiating is a part of the game. You have to play through that. Just because it was a poorly officiated game does not take anything away from a GREAT Haywood win. Haywood won, not the refs. I was merely stating that I, too heard that it was officiated fairly one-sided: but what do you expect playing on the road??? That's life in HS hoops...you have to deal with it, persevere, and get the W...