103 in Div. II

Memwrestling11

Was it just me or was the 103 bracket in Div. II ridiculous?  Should Pentecost from Briarcrest have gotten second?

825575486[/snapback]

That bracket may not have been representative of how the 103's actually fall but Pentecost did earn his way to the championships by defeating three other wrestlers so don't take that away from him.

That bracket may not have been representative of how the 103's actually fall but Pentecost did earn his way to the championships by defeating three other wrestlers so don't take that away from him.

825575520[/snapback]

Unfortunately , 103 had only one seeded wrestler-alsobrook, and Alsobrook (musc) drew the eventual champion Whitaker(baylor) in the opening match of the tournament. Many people who follow D2, knew that in all liklihood ,that first match of the tourney should have been fought on saturday in the finals.No slight to Pentecost, he earned his way to the finals under the present system, but as Mrs. Morales said on another post there should be a better system in place to avoid obvious misdraws. Any upper level (better ability)new wrestler with no prior placement in the state tourney is a potential wrecking ball as far as getting the best two wrestlers in each weight class in the finals. D2 averages 2/3 weights a year that are obvious mistakes but with their current system these misdraws can not or are not corrected. No slight intended to Mr. Whitaker he had a very exciting year, was fun to watch, and will be heard for three more years.Congrats to all wrestlers,it was another good year to be a bleacher bum !

825575520[/snapback]

im not tryin to take anything away from him by any means... however i feel alsobrook got the shaft but congrats to whittaker and pentecost

im not tryin to take anything away from him by any means... however i feel alsobrook got the shaft but congrats to whittaker and pentecost

825575593[/snapback]

I would agree in respect to William. He had an excellent year in which he even defeated the DI champion once and he definitely got screwed by the system in his own tourney. I can not help but think that there has got to be a better way for our kids since this is why we do it. I also wonder how that match would have gone had it been a finals match and neither would have been coming out cold... but congrats to Whitaker as he looked great.

he was lucky singh didnt come otherwise he would have benn in the finals easily

825575552[/snapback]

that is not a true statement. he has the talent when he wrestled his best but when was that. i saw the 103 do well at times for sure but again you have to show up. do you know why he did not show?