Summertown-Clarkrange

ballfanwm

This has to be the worst coaching job of the year for Coach Willard. With less than 2 minutes into the game, he inserts a freshman against the best defensive team he has played all year. The result--3 turnovers. Then he continues this crazy substituting the rest of the game which no one in the stands could understand, at one point even having Long playing post. Then he leaves Franks in the game until she fouls out with several minutes remaining, and has Scott , who was his leading rebounder setting on the bench with no fouls, for the last 6 minutes of the game. Clarkrange has the better team and deserved to win, however the Lady Eagles played hard and we are proud of what they have done this year. We are also proud of Coach Willard andCoach Porter, but this is one game that they should bear the burden of loss. No offense to anyone, just telling it like it is.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the worst coaching job of the year for Coach Willard.  With less than 2 minutes into the game, he inserts a freshman against the best defensive team he has played all year. The result--3 turnovers.  Then he continues this crazy substituting the rest  of the game which no one in the stands could understand, at one point even having Long playing post.  Then he leaves Franks in the game until she fouls out with several minutes remaining,  and has Scott , who was his leading rebounder setting on the bench with no fouls, for the last 6 minutes of the game.  Clarkrange has the better team and deserved to win, however the Lady Eagles played hard and we are proud of what they have done this year. We are also proud of Coach Willard andCoach Porter, but this is one game that they should bear the burden of loss.  No offense to anyone, just telling it like it is.

825612022[/snapback]

Now tell us how you really feel.

This has to be the worst coaching job of the year for Coach Willard.  With less than 2 minutes into the game, he inserts a freshman against the best defensive team he has played all year. The result--3 turnovers.  Then he continues this crazy substituting the rest  of the game which no one in the stands could understand, at one point even having Long playing post.  Then he leaves Franks in the game until she fouls out with several minutes remaining,  and has Scott , who was his leading rebounder setting on the bench with no fouls, for the last 6 minutes of the game.  Clarkrange has the better team and deserved to win, however the Lady Eagles played hard and we are proud of what they have done this year. We are also proud of Coach Willard andCoach Porter, but this is one game that they should bear the burden of loss.  No offense to anyone, just telling it like it is.

825612022[/snapback]

I dont think you can pin the loss on anyone. Clarkrange has a very good team. I saw some things that Willard did that I probably wouldnt have done or would have done differently, but, you can say that about any coach in any sport in any game. If three or four more shots that rattled in and out for us had fallen and three or four of the off-blance spin-shots off the backboard had popped out for them, Willard would have looked like a hero. But, they didnt and they get to play tomorrow and we dont. There are way too many causes and effects in every game to start second guessing any move or moves made by the coach.

We made it to the final eight two years in a row. Thats pretty awesome and lets not take anything away from it or cast anything negative on it. We could have went home three or four games ago and I'm sure you can give Willard some of the credit for that not happening.

So . . . good job girls and good job coach. I am looking forward to next year. We'll be back for another run.

Now tell us how you really feel.

825612023[/snapback]

I feel that this year is over, and that every player and coach must take this game as a learning experience and start preparing now for a better and more exciting year next year. As I said before, we are proud of our players and coaches. It just happens that the players should not have to assume all the responsibility of losing this game.

I remember what Clarkrange did to our Lady Rangers last year.

Unaka wasn't nearly as bad as they looked; but those Buffalo Gals are the Real Deal come tournament time. They took it to us and we couldn't respond. And though Peabody looks pretty tough for now, you might have just played the 2005 State Champions.

Congratulations to Summertown!

Summertown looked to be a very good team. They played hard and really laid it on the line. Good game and we will look forward to seeing you again next year. I have no doubt that you will return again. As for the lady Buffs shooting 50%, if they do that all tournament, no one will touch them. They have been winning all year shooting under 40% as a team. It is their will to win, hustle, and great defense. Good luck in the next round Ladies, let's keep it rolling.

I understand your questions ballfanwm, but we also shot a dismal 33% from the Field.    C-range only shot 49%, so if we had been on our game a little better, we could have come away with the win.

Great Season by the Lady Eagles -

825612097[/snapback]

One reason the shooting percentage was so low was because the outside shooters were forcing their shots. What was the percentage of our inside game of Scott and Franks? Scott was 3 of 6, drawing 2 fouls on the 3 misses, and Franks was over 50%, I would say. Yet Scott was benched the last 6 minutes, and never re-entered after Franks fouled out. Maybe she did something to deserve benching, but it definitely could not have been for missing the last shot she took. All I am saying is sometimes the team has a bad game----and they get told about----sometimes the coaches have a bad game and no one ever says "Bad Game Coach" I do not mean to take anything away from C-Range--Congratulations--and to the Lady Eagles--Congratulations--making it to the final 8 is great.

[

We made it to the final eight two years in a row. Thats pretty awesome and lets not take anything away from it or cast anything negative on it. We could have went home three or four games ago and I'm sure you can give Willard some of the credit for that not happening.

So . . . good job girls and good job coach. I am looking forward to next year. We'll be back for another run.

825612083[/snapback]

look what these girls and the coaching staff has done for two years in a row,

BALLFANWN you are a idiot do not bring down these girls or coaches because sum

mertown played a good team in clarkrange.

Edited by sbm

[

825612083[/snapback]

look what these girls and the coaching staff has done for two years in a row,

BALLFANWN you are a idiot do not bring down these girls or coaches because summertown played a good team in clarkrange.

825612368[/snapback]

No, not an idiot, nor a brown nosing parent or grandparent, just a fan of the EAGLES AND EAGLETTES AND A FRIEND OF SOME OF THE PLAYERS, expressing what about 90% of the fans in attendance there yesterday thought. I say again, "we are proud of our players and our coaches" but when you get to the state, you have to play your best and most experienced players--if you expect to have a chance to win. Like C-range did.

I dont think you can pin the loss on anyone. Clarkrange has a very good team. I saw some things that Willard did that I probably wouldnt have done or would have done differently, but, you can say that about any coach in any sport in any game. If three or four more shots that rattled in and out for us had fallen and three or four of the off-blance spin-shots off the backboard had popped out for them, Willard would have looked like a hero. But, they didnt and they get to play tomorrow and we dont. There are way too many causes and effects in every game to start second guessing any move or moves made by the coach.

825612083[/snapback]

i agree

I feel that this year is over, and that every player and coach must take this game as a learning experience and start preparing  now for a better and more exciting year next year. As I said before, we are proud of our players and coaches.  It just happens that the players should not have to assume all the responsibility of losing this game.

825612095[/snapback]

you win and loose as a team ,witch includes the players and the coach .clarkrange was the better team before and after the game.

congrats to the lady buffs