BGA..... The real deal?

Heartstopper

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched the bga and centennial game and was not that impressed. i thought the score was pretty reflective of the game. bga is definitly a good team, but not great. their defense is going to struggle once teams realize jason bristol is the only player back there. their strength is clearly in the midfield where those guys from the tnfc88 team know each other so well they posses the ball at ease. that being said, neither of their forwards are great finishers. for all jonathon white's speed, he struggles to put the ball in the net.

please dont take this post as a slam on bga. i think they're a very good team and depending on the rest of d-II this year (i know nothing about those teams) im sure they could have a great season, i just dont think they're a "dominant" team.

i watched the bga and centennial game and was not that impressed. i thought the score was pretty reflective of the game.  bga is definitly a good team, but not great.  their defense is going to struggle once teams realize jason bristol is the only player back there.  their strength is clearly in the midfield where those guys from the tnfc88 team know each other so well they posses the ball at ease.  that being said, neither of their forwards are great finishers.  for all jonathon white's speed, he struggles to put the ball in the net.

please dont take this post as a slam on bga.  i think they're a very good team and depending on the rest of d-II this year (i know nothing about those teams) im sure they could have a great season, i just dont think they're a "dominant" team.

825624053[/snapback]

wow, where to start.

First of all the defence is not weak at all. Bristol is a great player but hayden and andrew are very good as well. as long as they keep playing smartly they will be very difficult to get through.

their forwards are also very strong. Jonathon White is extremely fast and usuall either gets fouled or he scores. Taylor Preston has been a little off of his game (according to him) and as soon as he begins to play to his full potential, he will be domanant.

the midfeild is strong as you have said, but they are also the leaders of the team. for a team that lost 12 seniors last year, BGA's mid is very experienced.

in the game against Centenial, BGA played bad. they know they played bad. but as i have posted before, great teams find a way to win when they play bad. BGA won.

BGA is going to be a very tough team to beat no matter who they are playing.

Edited by ydet

BGA is very good this year. They have Wade Wonderland who will run all day and has incredible in skill to controll the midfield. Dustan Daws, Taylor Presten, Bret Brodbeck, and Steven morrise would be the best players on many of the teams in the state to, its just unfair 2 have them all on one when they get rolling they wont be stoped- thats high school and travel. TNFC 88 is just like BGA, on a good day unbeatable by a team in Tn

i dont see how anyone smart enough to form an opinion on this could not see the domanance. i'd say its pretty unanymous

825622285[/snapback]

In regards to the BGA being the real deal??? Only time will tell! BGA did beat Hendersonville, but it was a scrimmage. Hendersonville was down some players and the whole point of scrimmages is to get better! Hendersonville I guess...needed to work on some things...as well as get some of there players to stop drinking...so they can play! That's the reason they were down some players!

BGA despite losing 10 starters from last years team...looks good. Can they get better? They better. The Middle Region in DivII is going to be a toss up. BGA is also well coached and they will definitely be very hard to beat in a good or bad day!

would any BGA people comment on the game

825627529[/snapback]

yeah sure

BGA went down to memphis to play MUS on sunday. they took only six starters and a total of 13 players. No seniors. 7 juniors. 2 sophmores. 3 freshmen. 1 8th grader.

BGA played well. MUS scored on a diving header that came off the post. BGA quickly got very tired however, and about the middle of the second half, they had NO energy. MUS got two goals off of headers at the end of the game which were a result of no one having enough energy to effectively guard a man. though we still got beat, we were happy with the way we played and are hoping to meet MUS in the state tournament.

Edited by ydet