Hixson is overrated

RamTrain1987

Hixson and tyner played a double header on monday and hixson won both games. what you dont know unless you were there is tyner lead 3-2 in the 5th in the first game which jeremy smith was lights out before leaving the game with tied arm in the 5th. smalley started for hixson. but then tyners wheels feel off and they feel apart. they got down on themselves. hixson is beatable. if tyner can hang around for that long then good teams with more pitching can win. the season is just getting started boys and the district is wide open for anyone exept howard. tyner proved it could play with the big boys or at least what it thought was the big boys.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no what happened was... hixson came out flat and then when tyner did take a 3-2 lead they didn't play around anymore and blew the game wide open. then, nothing was taken for granted in the second game... hixson started out by blowing the tyner out of the water and then put the jv in after 3 innings.

no what happened was... hixson came out flat and then when tyner did take a 3-2 lead they didn't play around anymore and blew the game wide open. then, nothing was taken for granted in the second game... hixson started out by blowing the tyner out of the water and then put the jv in after 3 innings.

825620597[/snapback]

wow, get a big head why don't you. not sure which player you are, nor does it matter. you guys didnt come out "flat." you all came to play and i could see that from the look in each one of your eyes. now its easy to say things on a message board, but jeez. if you all indeed came out "flat" it sure took long enough to fix. and it seemed to happen right as tyner's starter came out of the game. coincidence? possibly. did you blow tyner out? definately, but dont say you came out flat when you all did hit the ball, and hard. just mostly ground balls to the infield and a couple high flies to the centerfielder.

coincidence NOT! you just said that hixson hit the ball hard, and trust me, hixson didn't hit the ball hard... hitting the ball hard would be when josh green, jake mcclure, heath shoemate, and brett smalley all hit home runs in the second game. green and smalley's were scorchers over the left field fence... and mcclure and shoemate hit towering shots just left and right (respectively for pull hitters) of dead center. you want to talk about hitting it hard, that was hitting it hard, so yes hixson did come out flat, and check the stats for a coincidence, when did tyner score a run??? after smalley was pulled to keep his arm healthy early in the season... smalley had no earned runs, so if he wanted to stay in, then he would've thrown a complete game shut out and then you wouldn't be mentioning a 3-2, which by the way, vanished in the blink of an eye. smith was getting rocked, but only getting hit hard in the right spots... sometimes that is just how the ball comes off the bat... it was only a matter of time before smith succumbed to strong hitting....

coincidence NOT! you just said that hixson hit the ball hard, and trust me, hixson didn't hit the ball hard... hitting the ball hard would be when josh green, jake mcclure, heath shoemate, and brett smalley all hit home runs in the second game. green and smalley's were scorchers over the left field fence... and mcclure and shoemate hit towering shots just left and right (respectively for pull hitters) of dead center. you want to talk about hitting it hard, that was hitting it hard, so yes hixson did come out flat, and check the stats for a coincidence, when did tyner score a run??? after smalley was pulled to keep his arm healthy early in the season... smalley had no earned runs, so if he wanted to stay in, then he would've thrown a complete game shut out and then you wouldn't be mentioning a 3-2, which by the way, vanished in the blink of an eye. smith was getting rocked, but only getting hit hard in the right spots... sometimes that is just how the ball comes off the bat... it was only a matter of time before smith succumbed to strong hitting....

825620614[/snapback]

rocked? d00d were we watching the same game? no earned runs, and only 3 un earned allowed, 3 K's (wow even suprised me) and he was out before anyone was rocked. ill admit it suprised me when smith managed to get out of the first facing both smalley AND green without a scratch...to tyner anyway. i dont know what happened when he hit green, but ill admit, i may have laughed a little inside. i know it didnt hurt, then again i wasnt laughing at green. anyway, the only rocking was to tyner's defense giving up 4 errors in a row, which ensued to the team imploding on itself and giving up. d00d really, its ok that hixson didnt hit well against tyner and, quite possibly if there were no errors in the 5th, could have beaten hixson. the only reason i even joined coacht was to keep people like you from perverting the truth for those who werent able to see the games themselves. let it go, and i promise you'll feel better later

baseballclassof05,

It is indeed a luxury for you to be able to get on CoachT and run down a team that you won't have to play again, EVER! That truly takes a brave, brave young man.

Hey, you got run-ruled in BOTH games! Just take your lumps like a man. How rediculous is it to talk badly about a team that blew you out? That really doesn't make any sense.

And just wait until my Pioneers get 'hold of you guys! You guys need to lay low and try and sneak up on someone, not run your mouths so teams get up for you. I assure you, and I was there, Hixson was not UP for you.

And Hixson may be overrated, but at least they are RATED!

SPEAK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK!

Edited by catsbackr

wow. ok cats, i didnt realize ER had a say in any of this. and as for running my mouth, i only made a statement. i didnt "bad mouth" hixson, and wouldnt. i never said "oh hey hixson stinks derk derk derk." nor would i. i do hold respect for both smalley and green (and a few of you other guys, but i dont know your names) and as a team i see hixson finished on top this year (grundy may be an issue i havent heard anything about them yet besides playing CSAS) but its more likely than tyner finishing with the top spot. and as for "your pioneers"....well we'll leave that to april and see how things go. and dont count us out for the playoffs. miracles can happen and may is a long month.

wow. ok cats, i didnt realize ER had a say in any of this. and as for running my mouth, i only made a statement. i didnt "bad mouth" hixson, and wouldnt. i never said "oh hey hixson stinks derk derk derk." nor would i. i do hold respect for both smalley and green (and a few of you other guys, but i dont know your names) and as a team i see hixson finished on top this year (grundy may be an issue i havent heard anything about them yet besides playing CSAS) but its more likely than tyner finishing with the top spot. and as for "your pioneers"....well we'll leave that to april and see how things go. and dont count us out for the playoffs. miracles can happen and may is a long month.

825620706[/snapback]

By saying that Hixson is overrated you are bad mouthing them dummy!!!!!!!!

thanks cardsfan... i was there and you cannot deny that hixson came out flat... they might have been there wanting to win, but the competitive drive that the game was on the line was not there from the get go. then the competitive drive kicked in at just the right time, and bud, sometimes it's not how you start, it's how you finish. prime example... ask the red sox if they care that they were down 3-0 in the alcs, and then came back to beat the yankees and win the world series... again, not how you start, it's how you finish... i just thought i would reiterate that as hixson mercy ruled tyner on monday night, not once but twice...

Just some info... That jeremy smith kid did pitch well, but hixson was very flat. I'm not for making excuses, but we overlooked tyner. We woke up in the 5th when we scored 8 runs and won 13-3. I'm not bragging or anything, but we gave you no reason to bad mouth us.

Note: Hixson's starting pitchers:

Brett Smalley 0 Runs, 5K's, 0 hits

Josh Green 0 Runs, 5K's, 0 hits

(shows when tyner scored)

Hixson played terrible the 1st 4 innings, but after that it was the expected. This may seem harsh, and it's not meant to be, but I just don't like to see someone running their mouth when they got run-ruled twice.

Edited by smalls11