Any East TN athletes looking to compete in the Best of the Best Duals on 4/15/17 please get in touch with me ASAP as I have already begun putting together the squad. Last year we had several guys get 7-10 matches just by competing on the exhibition mat. If needed, wrestle-offs will be scheduled.
Best of the Best Duals
April 15, 2017
Hosted by TWF @ Summit High School
2830 Twin Lakes Dr., Thompson's Station, TN 37179
Weigh-ins – 8:00 A.M. scratch weight (with singlet)
Wrestling begins – 9:00 A.M.
- Greco-Roman will be wrestled first with freestyle beginning immediately following.
- Order of dual meets will be randomly drawn at the event.
- Two mats running. Plus warm-up / exhibition mat
77, 84, 88, 91, 94, 98, 100, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
Schoolboy, Cadet, and Juniors are all eligible for this event
Teams from West (Memphis), Middle (Nashville, Clarksville, etc.), South (Chattanooga, etc.), and East (Knoxville, Kingsport, Johnson City, etc.) regions are represented. Teams are put together by the region directors for each region. See the list below and contact our region director if you wish to be on a team.
West: Garrett House/Nelson Shirley – [email protected]
East: Derek Harrison – [email protected]/Jerry Teaster
South: Ben Bowers [email protected]/Josh Bosken
· Round-robin format between all teams
· Team trophies awarded for the Freestyle and Greco-Roman tournaments
· Concessions will be available, no coolers please
· Cost to be determined by each team’s leadership, contact for information
· USAW athlete membership is required to participate