State Tournament format

NWTennSports

I have an alternative state tournament format, and I'm just wondering if it would have any way of working.

Remember, I'm jus throwing something out there. Running it up the flagpole to see if anyone will salute.

Three separate public school state tournament weeks

Class A: First Week of March

Class AA: Second Week of March

Class AAA: Third Week of March

Both girls' and boys' tournaments played in the week of their designated classificatons.

Eight girls' teams and eight boys' teams, which translates into 14 games each week (Right now, there are two tournaments and a total of 21 games in each tournament). The sessions could have just two games rather than three games per session as it is now. You play two girls games in the day (noon and 2 p.m.) and two boys in the evening (5 and 7 p.m.) on Wednesday and Thursday to take care of the quarterfinals; girls' semifinals on Friday afternoon and boys' semifinals on Friday evening; and then finals on Saturday at, say, 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.

There are logistical nightmares for the regular season and postseason, obviously, which likely makes this idea impossible.

But, what it does do is eliminate some of the havoc and the chaos in regards to fans' seating on championship night. .... And, hey, what if a school's two teams made the finals, like Peabody's did this year. How cool would it be for those fans to be chearing BOTH their teams in the state championships on the same night?