congrats to TN EXPRESS 10u

When you find out what time their first game is, let me know because I'm going to be down there to watch some of the 10U, 11U, and 12U games.  Since I use to live in Lawrence County (Summertown) and I have followed the Express in the past, I might know some of the girls on the team and I would like to try to catch them in a game.

825627182[/snapback]

THE EXPRESS 10 U PLAY AT 5:50 FRIDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE LADY FALCONS BLUE AT REC # 1. ON SAT THEY PLAY AT 9:15 AGAINST S SPORT SHOP AT LIBERTY & AT 11:45 AGAINST CHARLES DAVIS FOUNDATION AT REC # 1 AND AT 3:30 AGAINST LEWISBURG LIGHTINING AT CASCADE. THEIR NEXT GAME WILL BE DETERMINED BY HOW THEY DO IN THEIR POOL. HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS CHARLES DAVIS FOUNDATION PLAY AND WHY DID SHELBYVILLE NOT SEND THEIR 10'S TEAM TO LAWRENCEBURG LAST WEEKEND TO PLAY, THEY SENT A 9'S SPORT SHOP TEAM ???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how 10u Charles Davis Foundation and Lewisburg Lightnging have performed thus far?

825628790[/snapback]

The Lewisburg Lightning are a fairly new program that I believe was started last AAU season. Because they were new, they didn't have too much success, but this is a new season. I'm not sure about their 10u team, but they do have some fairly good coaches down there so they could be decent. The Charles Davis Foundation has been around for a while. They have produced some good teams in the past, but not necessarily at this age group so I can't give you much on them either.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me who got 1st and 2nd in the 11u and 12u brackets down there in Lawrenceburg this past weekend? Also, if anyone can remember or maybe still has a schedule, what all teams were involved in those 2 age groups? Thanks.

TN EXPRESS 10'S HAVE JUST WON ALL 4 GAMES THAT THEY PLAYED IN SHELBYVILLE. THEY PLACED 1ST IN THEIR POOL AND WILL PLAY CHARLES DAVIS FOUNDATION TOMORROW AT 1:00 PM AT HARRIS SCHOOL FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEY HAVE ALREADY BEAT CHARLES DAVIS FOUNDATION ONCE THIS WEEKEND. HOPE THEY CAN DO IT AGAIN AND BRING HOME THE TROPHEY.

The Lewisburg Lightning are a fairly new program that I believe was started last AAU season.  Because they were new, they didn't have too much success, but this is a new season.  I'm not sure about their 10u team, but they do have some fairly good coaches down there so they could be decent.  The Charles Davis Foundation has been around for a while. They have produced some good teams in the past, but not necessarily at this age group so I can't give you much on them either.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me who got 1st and 2nd in the 11u and 12u brackets down there in Lawrenceburg this past weekend?  Also, if anyone can remember or maybe still has a schedule, what all teams were involved in those 2 age groups?  Thanks.

825629732[/snapback]

I was at the tournament in Lawrenceburg watching a family member play. I know that the Sparks beat the Tennessee Express 12u, and Summertown lost as well.I am not sure if the Sparks won the tournament or not but I know they have a heck of a good team.There were a few weaker teams in the 12 and u tournament such as the Falcons,SSS Black, TN Flash, and Tennessee Express B. I know that TN express B is a division 2 team.They are not really expected to compete, but I watched a few games and they really improved from game to game.They are very young. Most members are sixth graders in fact. Tennessee express A 12u have a very good team.They are quick. They should do quite well in upcoming tournaments.Watch out for the Sparks they are a toughie.Good luck to all of the aau teams. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful season.

B)

THE TN EXPRESS 10 U TEAM WON THE SHOWTIME SHOOT-OUT IN SHELBYVILLE. THEY BEAT THE CHARLES DAVIS FOUNDATION 37 TO 22. THEY ARE UNDEFEATED SO FAR. CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK IS PAYING OF.!!

825631421[/snapback]

Congrats to the Express on yet another tournament win. I saw the 1st half of their first game against Charles Davis Foundation in pool play and was pretty impressed with them. They don't seem to have one real star, but they are solid at all positions. They aren't just real deep, but they get the job done none the less. Their point guard, though very small, is extremely good as she takes care of the ball very well. She's going to be a good one as are all the girls that I saw play on that team this weekend. Flatt should be given a great amount of credit for what he does at this age group every year. He is definitely one of the best at developing young players around the mid-state. This team should definitely be a contender at state this year.

I was at the tournament in Lawrenceburg watching a family member play. I know that the Sparks beat the Tennessee Express 12u, and Summertown lost as well.I am not sure if the Sparks won the tournament or not but I know they have a heck of a good team.There were a few weaker teams in the 12 and u tournament such as the Falcons,SSS Black, TN Flash, and Tennessee Express B. I  know that TN express B is a division 2 team.They are not really expected to compete, but I watched a few games and they really improved from game to game.They are very young. Most members are sixth graders in fact. Tennessee express A 12u have a very good team.They are quick. They should do quite well in upcoming tournaments.Watch out for the Sparks they are a toughie.Good luck to all of the aau teams. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful season.

825631457[/snapback]

Thanks for the information. It doesn't sound like their was very much competition in this age group down in Lawrenceburg this year, especially if the Sparks won it all. They are a good team (very quick with good guard play, but extremely small), but I'm not so sure they are a State calliber team, especially since they have to get through the Tennessee Lady Tigers, Cookeville Crushers, and Tennessee Team Pride in the North Middle Sub-State. It's good to see that 12U Express team doing well again after a down season last year. I heard that Hollman was the coach and their great guard from 2 years ago dropped back down to play with them so you can expect them to make a run at Sub-State. If they kept everyone from last years 11u team, plus added her and a couple of more decent players, then they are definitely a contender. Keep me updated on them as I haven't had a chance to see them yet, but I will be watching them when Sub-State rolls around.

Edited by ptguard12

Thanks for the information.  It doesn't sound like their was very much competition in this age group down in Lawrenceburg this year, especially if the Sparks won it all.  They are a good team (very quick with good guard play, but extremely small), but I'm not so sure they are a State calliber team, especially since they have to get through the Tennessee Lady Tigers, Cookeville Crushers, and Tennessee Team Pride in the North Middle Sub-State.  It's good to see that 12U Express team doing well again after a down season last year.  I heard that Hollman was the coach and their great guard from 2 years ago dropped back down to play with them so you can expect them to make a run at Sub-State.  If they kept everyone from last years 11u team, plus added her and a couple of more decent players, then they are definitely a contender.  Keep me updated on them as I haven't had a chance to see them yet, but I will be watching them when Sub-State rolls around.

825632277[/snapback]

They are a very good team.I know they won the tournament in shelbyville this weekend.They beat the sparks by three for the championship. They are very quick(have a few very good guards and a good post game).I haven't seen the Lady Belles play yet nor Top Guns so it could be an interesting match-up.I am anxious to see how the brakets end up at substate.