best 2nd base/shortstop combo

Knowitall123

enough of talking about all of this pitching stuff.any pitcher can be hit on any given nite. i want to talk about middle infield players. rocky cooper/lauren upten from soddy is a good combo.they both play great defence and can hit the ball well. i think the most underrated combo is ooltewahs dana kirtley/casey saunders.these to have played summer ball togeather and 2 years of school ball with each other and no each other moves inside and out. kirtley hits the ball well also and theres no telling how many times saunders got on base bunting the ball the last to years.i watched casey hit the ball the last 2 years deep on nikki waters. probably the most under rated player in chattanooga. so my vote goes to ooltewahs dana kirtley and casey saunders.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enough of talking about all of this pitching stuff.any pitcher can be hit on any given nite. i want to talk about middle infield players. rocky cooper/lauren upten from soddy is a good combo.they both play great defence and can hit the ball well. i think the most underrated combo is ooltewahs dana kirtley/casey saunders.these to have played summer ball togeather and 2 years of school ball with each other and no each other moves inside and out. kirtley hits the ball well also and theres no telling how many times saunders got on base bunting the ball the last to years.i watched casey hit the ball the last 2 years deep on nikki waters. probably the most under rated player in chattanooga. so my vote goes to ooltewahs dana kirtley and casey saunders.

825629278[/snapback]

825629283[/snapback]

Sounds like Ooltewah is getting some much deserved recognition. Casey and Dana are good solid players. I can't wait to see the Soddy Ooltewah game this year. I have to mention pitching because with Rice back on the rubber and players like these 2 giving her support it should be a really good game. Every position is important and it takes a team to win.

Sounds like Ooltewah is getting some much deserved recognition. Casey and Dana are good solid players. I can't wait to see the Soddy Ooltewah game this year. I have to mention pitching because with Rice back on the rubber and players like these 2 giving her support it should be a really good game. Every position is important and it takes a team to win.

825629333[/snapback]

Brentwood's duo of rothemel and cavarro arent bad....both excellent hitters, and good glove.

I am going to reply to this because we normally talk only about pitchers, catchers and hitters. I have no dog in this fight but it sounds like someone does. Being around softball for the last 30 years I would say that Soddy Dasiy has the best SS and SB duo that I have ever seen and they have a AAA State ring on their finger to back some of it up. Goodpaster also has a good pair and has three A State rings but they do not have the fundamentals and they get very little action behind their left handed pitcher. Yes, they are other good middle infielders and Ooltewah has a couple of fine duo's themselfs and are headed for a good year.

I am going to reply to this because we normally talk only about pitchers, catchers and hitters.  I have no dog in this fight but it sounds like someone does.  Being around softball for the last 30 years I would say that Soddy Dasiy has the best SS and SB duo that I have ever seen and they have a AAA State ring on their finger to back some of it up.  Goodpaster also has a good pair and has three A State rings but they do not have the fundamentals and they get very little action behind their left handed pitcher.  Yes, they are other good middle infielders and Ooltewah has a couple of fine duo's themselfs and are headed for a good year.

825630399[/snapback]

thank you for your reply. i dont think that there is a dogfight anywhere. ther is just more to softball than pitchers and catchers(dont think that they are not a big part of the game.)but you never here about the big plays these girls make when the pitcher lets one go down the middle and the ball comes off the bat at 200 miles an hour on the ground at these girls.or the catcher makes a stupid throw and these girls are there to make a good play to keep the team going.thats all and nothing more.did you read the paper this morning.it was all about the pitchers.nothing mentioned about ooltewahs 2nd basemans leaping catch in the gibbs game to keep ooltewah unbeaten in the soddy tourn. thats my point.

I am going to reply to this because we normally talk only about pitchers, catchers and hitters.  I have no dog in this fight but it sounds like someone does.  Being around softball for the last 30 years I would say that Soddy Dasiy has the best SS and SB duo that I have ever seen and they have a AAA State ring on their finger to back some of it up.  Goodpaster also has a good pair and has three A State rings but they do not have the fundamentals and they get very little action behind their left handed pitcher.  Yes, they are other good middle infielders and Ooltewah has a couple of fine duo's themselfs and are headed for a good year.

825630399[/snapback]

Baylor is quicker and better footwork between SB and SS. and they don,t go to there knees to make routine plays.

they are tought to go to there knees. and when you go to your knees and make the play and dont come up to your feet is pretty impressive.

825630938[/snapback]

When they come up from there knees the runner is standing at first. Seen it happen to the ss a few times, better to learn proper foot work.

Edited by allsportsfan01