New coach for Carter basketball?

Fake Panther 5

According to a former player of Duncan's, he WILL NOT be a candidate.

I think Barnes will get it if he wants it. Definitely not a bad choice, however another individual told me over the weekend that he might decide to wait on another KIL job that will be coming open soon.

"You've got to win some....to convince some." Vince Lombardi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one that might be coming open will be Austin East.

Is there another out there?

Barnes is the guy at Carter. If any high profile jobs in the KIL open there are other head coaches already in the KIL that would be willing to move. It would be hard for an outsider to overtake a proven coach in the KIL who wants to move to another KIL job.

Gary Barnes = Carter High School

Sorry to disagree with you Dick, but Don Dodgen-FARR. came from another school system, so did Chad Smith (S-D), as did Mitch Mitchell (Carter's most recent coach).

So to say that the KIL hires from within would be (in the words of Mike Tyson---"LUUUWWWWDDDD'EEHHHH KRRRRISSSSSSSSSSTTTTT".) :)

R. Head,

Let me clarify my previous statements by saying that there are POTENTIALLY a few possibilities for openings in the KIL. I do not know of any that are imminent at this time except for Carter. I have heard a few rumors of possible coaching changes, but none that are concrete or that I would speculate on publically.

Also, my guess is that the process is slowed at Carter because of a student matter that happened last week (way more important) that apparently is yet to be resolved.

Any updates from the situation?

I still hold firm to the report that I received that Barnes is more interested in another possible opening in the KIL, rather than the Carter job. However, I am still not sure which school that it could be.

Also someone (not necessarily reliable) told me that there was an opening in Blount County. Has anyone else heard this?

Another boys basketball coach told me he thought it would probably be another week (at least) before they announce their choice. Apparently Barnes was not as excited about the situation as they hoped he would be. Also, I don't think Flatford from Cosby will make a move, due to his comfortability with his current situation.

The cupboard at Carter is full of players, but apparently something is making coaches shy away. However, if the right fit is found, this squad will be tough in 2005-2006.

"You've got to win some....to convince some." Vince Lombardi (greatest coach of all time)

Barnes and Flatford are both great coaches.

Any othe names ?

Any ast coaches ?

Fulton Ast. ?

Any one on staff ?

Flatford said no when Mitchell was hired .

Lindsey former Knox West coach ??

Ballard former MO West coach ??

Is Carter a better situation than other jobs in Knox County ?

How much control/power/influence does a AD in Knox County have?

Can she/he make a job a good/bad job ?

How many female AD's in Knox County ?

Which AD's do the best job ?

What job is Coach Mitchell interested in ???

Edited by redupset

The cupboard at Carter is full of players, but apparently something is making coaches shy away. However, if the right fit is found, this squad will be tough in 2005-2006.

"You've got to win some....to convince some."  Vince Lombardi (greatest coach of all time)

825669377[/snapback]

Several key players are leaving Carter's program, due to the lack of stability and administration.