Looking for an AAU team to play for!

Any AAU coach worth their salt would have told you not to quit your High School team, no matter what is going on. It says alot about you as a person and they really don't need that type of person on an AAU team. If your not playing at the High School level there is a reason and it will probably be the same reason you will not play on an AAU team.

• 2 weeks later...
Any AAU coach worth their salt would have told you not to quit your High School team, no matter what is going on.  It says alot about you as a person and they really don't need that type of person on an AAU team.  If your not playing at the High School level there is a reason and it will probably be the same reason you will not play on an AAU team.

825630180[/snapback]

I'm not playing because of my color and because the coach doesn't like my boyfriend you don't know me so don't sit here and tell me what "type of person I am" because you have no idea and I AM GOOD thanx for the negative comments though it only makes me stronger

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the last posters. You should've keep that to yourself. I mean, if you quit a team and then you post it on here, many coaches are going to say, "She quit her High School team, so I can't depend on her because she's a quitter." I wish you the best and I hope you find a team. I will help you by giving you a girls team website in Knoxville, however it will be up to you to email the coaches.

http://eteamz.active.com/ladystinger/

Got to agree with roadrunner there kiddo!! Don't whine!!

One I don't know about, but the other, well... Boyfriends come and go.

Coaches usually have a good reason when they don't like your guy pal.

It's very much the same as a parental attitude, and the coach deserves that same near respect. Coach puts a lot into you and your team mates that until your the one wearing the whistle, you will not even begin to realize.

but I don't know you and it's not my place to judge. So, check out that web site,

I hope you find a program that fits your bill and play the greatest game on

HARD WOOD!!!!! Have heart and good luck. thumb

Edited by tn_33

Any AAU coach worth their salt would have told you not to quit your High School team, no matter what is going on.  It says alot about you as a person and they really don't need that type of person on an AAU team.  If your not playing at the High School level there is a reason and it will probably be the same reason you will not play on an AAU team.

825630180[/snapback]

Disagree with you strongly. Don't know this child's situation but the fact that you don't get play time on your school team does not mean that you can't play. There are all kinds of reasons that players get pegged as bench warmers and are never given any encouragement or a chance to improve. To say that this person can't play would be assuming that school coaches are all correct and fair and that simply isn't true. As far as quitting goes---it takes a smart person to know when to cut their losses and move on. Hang in there bballstar25 if you truly want to play but take the word of a mom of both a school and AAU ball player--AAU takes as much if not more time and dedication than school ball. If you take spot on a team be ready to give it everything.:blink: