in the MTSCA tourny. are they gonna pick in the

LadyEagles_10

well 'm pretty sure the girls who played in the tourny. will..... :unsure:

825631828[/snapback]

Yes they will....I hate doing something for nothing. Coaches had a lot going on this weekend with games and filling out stats for every game and choosing MVPs for those games played. It's not fair to the coaches who took the time to choose someone from both teams and it's sure not fair to the players who played so hard to not get the recognition they deserve :)

First of all I'm a coach also, but this tourney was about the girls not the coaches. We all took time to turn in these sheets but after all the votes were in, there were no players that had a majority of votes. As a matter of fact, we would have had to have about 100 girls on the all tourney team because that's about how many different names we received with the same number of votes. This tourney is about the girls, this is the whole reason for this tourney. When the MTSCA meets in April they will pick anywhere from 8 to 10 seniors from the member tourney teams to receive a $500.00 scholarships. This could be as much as $5000.00 the MTSCA gives back to the girls. The MTSCA is a non profit organization and all profits go back to the girls and the member schools. The MTSCA will have it's 2nd All Star game this year to showcase the top seniors from the Mid-State. After a great tourney, with great weather and great teams, a little work such as putting scores and names on a ballot seems mighty small. A big thanks to the members of the MTSCA who helped with making this a success.

First of all I'm a coach also, but this tourney was about the girls not the coaches.  We all took time to turn in these sheets but after all the votes were in, there were no players that had a majority of votes.  As a matter of fact, we would have had to have about 100 girls on the all tourney team because that's about how many different names we received with the same number of votes.  This tourney is about the girls, this is the whole reason for this tourney.  When the MTSCA meets in April they will pick anywhere from 8 to 10 seniors from the member tourney teams to receive a $500.00 scholarships.  This could be as much as $5000.00 the MTSCA gives back to the girls.  The MTSCA is a non profit organization and all profits go back to the girls and the member schools.  The MTSCA will have it's 2nd All Star game this year to showcase the top seniors from the Mid-State.  After a great tourney, with great weather and great teams, a little work such as putting scores and names on a ballot seems mighty small.  A big thanks to the members of the MTSCA who helped with making this a success.

825632481[/snapback]

Hawksoftball....it was a very nice tourney....the scholarship idea sounds like a wonderful thing to do. As far as an all tourney team, some advice would be like what they do in basketball....1st place coach gets to pick 4 players, 2nd place gets 3, 3rd place gets 2, and 4th place gets 1...or something along those lines...since its impossible to see all the girls play, a coach could do all the work for ya.

Hawksoftball....it was a very nice tourney....the scholarship idea sounds like a wonderful thing to do. As far as an all tourney team, some advice would be like what they do in basketball....1st place coach gets to pick 4 players, 2nd place gets 3, 3rd place gets 2, and 4th place gets 1...or something along those lines...since its impossible to see all the girls play, a coach could do all the work for ya.

825632507[/snapback]

That's a good idea B)

First of all I'm a coach also, but this tourney was about the girls not the coaches.  We all took time to turn in these sheets but after all the votes were in, there were no players that had a majority of votes.  As a matter of fact, we would have had to have about 100 girls on the all tourney team because that's about how many different names we received with the same number of votes.  This tourney is about the girls, this is the whole reason for this tourney.  When the MTSCA meets in April they will pick anywhere from 8 to 10 seniors from the member tourney teams to receive a $500.00 scholarships.  This could be as much as $5000.00 the MTSCA gives back to the girls.  The MTSCA is a non profit organization and all profits go back to the girls and the member schools.  The MTSCA will have it's 2nd All Star game this year to showcase the top seniors from the Mid-State.  After a great tourney, with great weather and great teams, a little work such as putting scores and names on a ballot seems mighty small.  A big thanks to the members of the MTSCA who helped with making this a success.

825632481[/snapback]

My apologies for making my reply sound selfish...that was not my intent at all. Putting names on ballots and score sheets was not a big deal and I definitely know that the tournament and all the MTSCA does is for our girls and for the promotion of girls softball. My reply was not trying to take anything away from the tournament and certainly not anything from the players. I guess I was just disappointed that players who were put on ballots would not get recognized. That is no one's fault and something that couldn't be helped. Evidently my choice of words in describing a disappointing situation were not the best and I apologize for that. The tournament was great and ran very smoothly. I thought it was a great display of girls softball! Our area is filled with so much talent! Thanks to everyone who made it possible! I'm glad to be a part of the association and look forward to another great tourney next year!

825632507[/snapback]

i wish they did it like that