Lincoln County vs. Smyrna Scrimmage

tdluna

• 2 weeks later...
I know the scrimmage is set between Lincoln County and Smyrna on May 6th. What time is the scrimmage and where is it located ? I know the game will be broadcasted on the Falcon Radio Network but I am not sure what time the game is and it's location.

825639460[/snapback]

THE GAME IS IN THE PIT AT 6:00. THA NEXT SCIMMAGE IS MAY THE 13 AT THE PIT AGAINST HUNSTSVILLE LEE ALSO AT 6:00. GO FALCONS

I am sure after last years game and scrimmage LC will be looking forward to scrimmaging Smyrna.

Smyrna only gets one scrimmage this spring so I am sure they will use this to get a look at as many kids as possible.

There is also a chance their probable starting qb will be playing baseball.

Don't look for much from Smyrna in this scrimmage they don't have much to show right now.However if a few things pan out they may be pretty decent in 2005.

This will be an interesting scrimmage. I know lc will be much improved over 2004.

Smyrna is a completely different team in 2005 Johnson and Orona are gone .

Smyrna is as big and strong and deep in the line as ever. We will have a lot of geting the team to gel kind of issues but the overall talent is there.

who are lc players to watch for in 2005? throwing team? running team?

If anyone wants to see some football come on down to lc because this will be a long scrimmage it usually is.

They usually start off with 2's and 3's first then finish with 1's on 1's. I know last time we went down to scrimmage (in 03) when the 1's got ready to scrimmage

it had the feel of a prize fight you had seen the undercard and know the main event.

I will go ahead and say what I always do even if we win 5 to zero. a spring scrimmage has so many variables coaches are looking at the score is meaningless for either team. Spring is a time to get a look at who can help you out in the fall etc.

Having said that I think lc will put more emphasis on "winning" this scrimmage to get some confidence back from last yr.

Lincoln County has Chris Shelton as a sophmore QB, running backs will be between Ramsey and Buchanan. Not sure how LC will do until the scrimmage on May 6th. Anyone can listen to the game at www.lincolncountyfalcons.com with the Falcon Radio Crew. Air time is at 6 PM.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anybody fill us in on how this scrimmage turned out?

825667970[/snapback]

2 TO 2 ONES VS ONES

LC much improved over 2004 good size strength but other than a couple players I didn't see a lot of speed

Smyrna had 6 tos 5 fumbles and one int. 2 of the fumbles came inside the 20 resulting in the 2 early LC scores. Most of the fumbles were on extra effort runs after brealking the line. sometimes you have to know when to get down.

Smyrna played very well on defense giving up very little after the 2 early scores.

But it really doesn't matter because neither team did anything special. both were pretty content to just basically run it straight at each other with a rare simple one man pass route.

I believe since we play each other in the playoffs every yr both teams did not want to show much.

Smyrna is a completely different team in 2005 and will be looking to be ball control 3 to 4 yrds cloud of dust type team.

Offensively it will take a while to find our groove. The wolke - johnson/orona era are over and its time for some new talent to step up.

We are as I expected big and very physical up front.

Players that stood out

Entire D line - made lots of plays a big difference over 2004

Quinton Allen sophmore defensive tackle

Adam Smotherman DE couple big plays and a couple sacks

Brock Willis LB lots of tackles 2 big hits and 1 huge hit on a receiver cutting back on a bubble screen

Antwan Hendricks ran hard has to hold the ball. he will get it done

Massio at TB busted a 70 yarder with as much speed as I have seen in a while. He is definetly an outside threat.

Ovrall summary ???? who knows with neither team showing much and the constant personal changes it was hard to gauge. LC is better

I was pleased with the effort and the willingness to compete especially after things going bad early.

For 2005 I will start out picking us just ahead of Siegel and lets see if we get any better.