csas v grace

volsbigd712

This will be a highly competitive match. If the weather isn't too bad there will be some good soccer played. Both teams will want to prove themselves, especially Grace after losing to Arts & Sciences last year in the region semis. I predict a 3-2 victory for CSAS, will the winning goal coming in the final minutes.

825643966[/snapback]

man, everybody thinks they can score three on carlos

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i was there..ill give some info on what i saw i guess b/c im bored

First half was pretty even with Grace scoring early on a nice shot by #7 maybe it was. Rest of hte half each team had chances to score but first half ended 1-0 Grace. 2nd half started out all CSAS as Grace seemed to fall asleep..i knew it was a matter of time until csas scored and sure enough with about 15 min left in the game csas finally scored. csas had all the momentum and was looking like to me they might get another goal but they got a hand ball called on them in the box which Grace scored and put htem back on top 2-1. CSAS moved most there better plays up on offense to try and tie it and Grace ended up scoring again. #3 bullied some little defender and took it and beat the goalie back post

was a pretty close game as both teams seemed to match up pretty good. i honestly believe that if grace would not of got that p.k that they could of been in trouble and we might of had a differnt outcome but sometiems those r the breaks u need to win the game.

I would agree with my friend.. there seemed to be 2 different teams out there at times for each team (does that make sence) but i think we came out strong, got a goal and then kinda let up and figure they would roll over and die or sumthin... they kept us on our heels the rest of the half and me gettin kicked didn't help that... there were a few balls that got played into the box that i usually come and get i think 2 free kicks and a regular cross maybe... those chance would have been eliminated but my vision was wacko for about 5 min after kit brady kicked me in the left eye and even the rest of the half i was a little tentative to judge distances, but as the game wore on i got more comfortable with the swellin and got back to normal. i think CSAS did a good job of tryin to posses out of the back. we absorbed a little pressure beginning of the second half then had some chances of our own but then they got their goal off of the corner. an unmarked man that i realized too late and yelled out for marking pedro kicked it to him and we stepped to him, he hit a decent shot near post but i couldn't see it b/c of the two defenders that stepped up, when i did see it reacted and got a good hand on it and put it in the side net, but not enough obviously(10 times out of 10 i save that with no-one in front blockin my view but that'z how it goes...) they were fired up but we put a little more pressure on and jon did some good work and tried to cross it and then the handball came. Evan stepped up and drilled it, calm and collected like usual. obviously when there is under 10 left and you are down 1 you are guna push numbers forwad so they did and we were able to get a few counters down the left side. the last goal came off of cooper's hustle only, he got the ball taken 2 times but fought back and won it back both times then just touched it to jon who beat on man in the 18 and then beat Penn near post with a awsome finish. that was with about 2 min left so it was pretty much over, they had a few more pokes toward goal but that was it. it was a good game and it could be a preview of a more important game down the road... region semi or final, who knows. good luck the rest of the year CSAS.

The game was a pretty good game. Both teams equally possessing the ball persay. CSAS was very sleepy throughout the game and did not play the game they could've played and beat Grace. They did not play as much intensity as Grace did that game. The first goal was scored in the first seven minutes. Then Robert Hudson had a beautiful rip off the assist of Pedro Mattos tying up the game.

Then the second goal came from a terrible call from a PK. The ref thought that Chris Banks was blocking a shot with his hand, but it was purely an unintentional handball that did not deserve a PK. Atleast a free kick. The third goal was scored as a Grace member broke through the defense and scored in the far right post. Both teams played okay. Not the best game CSAS can play or will play.

Hats off the grace for the win. Beware of CSAS.