Soddy Daisy Co-Champions In Cookeville

THE INTIMIDATOR

Soddy Daisy Lady Trojans are 35-3 claiming a Co-Championship in the Cookeville Tournament. Due to "freezing weather" both coaches agreeded not to play the championship game rematch with Goodpasture.

Casey Cooper, Lyndsey Stiles & Stacey Fairbanks were named all tournament & Kathy Blevins the MVP!

Fairbanks pitched every game for the Trojans due to Waters still being out with a nagging back injury. Stacey went 6-1 pitching 37 innings battling not only the freezing weather conditions, but a nasty sinus infection & flu like symtoms as well.

When asked about her performance, Stacey said; " I tried to keep us in every game by hitting my spots. Coach Kirk knows what pitches are working best and I think I just missed a couple. He lets me know when I miss one that's for sure! I'll be glad when Nikki gets back to help us out."

Kathy Blevins had 2 homeruns & a bunch of "hard hits" for the Lady Trojans & caught Fairbanks in every game as well.

Soddy Daisy is loaded guys I tell ya!!

no they played goodpasture and got beat. i would agree to be co-champions to if it meant not playing loaded up goodpasture again.

825656679[/snapback]

Just for your information: Soddy's record against Goodpasture is 1-1. The first meeting it was Soddy 10 Goodpasture 0!

Also, I understand it was Goodpasture's coach that suggested they not play. Regardless, both teams are great teams and people shouldn't be so negitive.

Just for your information: Soddy's record against Goodpasture is 1-1. The first meeting it was Soddy 10 Goodpasture 0!

Also, I understand it was Goodpasture's coach that suggested they not play. Regardless, both teams are great teams and people shouldn't be so negitive.

825657082[/snapback]

The decision not to play was mutual...... you must have misunderstood...

825657082[/snapback]

I was there and it was the girlsand coaches decision from both teams. Soddy just got done playing in 40 mph winds and sleet, and goodpasture was just got done playing in the wind on the other field. Both teams played well this tournament, but as you should know wind and cold take so much out of players, and it would of been miserable for the girls. I know for a fact that both sets of coaches would of like to have played the game, but some of girls of both teams were already sick. I believe playing in thoses conditions could of caused injuries to the pitchers due to the extreme cold. The field was also slick from the sleet. So, forgive me if I am wrong in interpeting what you wrote, but no one was "scared" to play each other. Soddy beat goodpasture in a playday, yes a win is a win, and goodpasture beat them in pool game. The are both great teams and they respect each other.