Science Hill vs. Knox Catholic

soccaplaya0509

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have any thoughts or predictions about the game...

825657227[/snapback]

wow this one will definitely be a good one!! after playing both teams and being challenged by both of them. this one will be a close one but i'd have to give it to Science Hill, they just seem overall like the better team. so i have to give it to them. Science Hill 2-0. good luck to both teams though and may the best team win.

I also agree that this game will be an awesome one to watch. While these teams are two of my top choices, I do think that Science Hill has a bit more offensively than Catholic. I think Catholic has the edge in goal, and Science Hill has more size (if I remember correctly). If Catholic can find the net like they did with Farragut, I think they will pull this off with their excellent keeper.

Both teams are coming off of recent tough losses, and will be looking for some validation. While I think Science Hill has a bit more talent, I am pulling for Catholic on this one. Catholic-2 Science Hill -1. Good luck to both, you guys have great teams.

Hoya, give us details after the game, please.

Depends which Catholic team shows up. In past years, Catholic (not to say Catholic did not have any talent, because they did) has not had nearly the talent as some of their competition has had, but won a lot of games because of their hard working and phyiscal attitude. Catholic beat Science Hill a few years ago 5-0 and then the next year Science Hill beat Catholic 3-1, even after Catholic scored a goal 15 seconds into the game. Should be a good match up.

Catholic has overachieved over the past few years, although last year they underachieved in my opinion, but the three to four previously they definitely overachieved. That just goes to show what good coaching and hard work can get you. This year's squad, with Mike Pierce in goal and Tarricone, Green, Hall, etc. is one of the better squads in the state, but I agree Science Hill has the edge talent-wise, even if it is the smallest of edges. I think Catholic can come away with this one, if only because Mike Pierce saves 1-2 goals a game that most others would give up. Not to say Daniel Sheridan was a bad keeper, but Mike has unreal athleticism for the position. Anyway, as far as predictions go, 1-0 Catholic, with Science Hill feeling cheated after the saves Pierce will make. Also, look out for Mike's brother, Joey, who has a great shot. In fact, I say either him or Brad Green scores it.

Interesting post. Only three DII teams have ever reached the state semis three years in a row (Baylor '98-'01, Christian Brothers '01-'03 and Knox Catholic '02-'04) so I wouldn't label Catholic's 2004 season as "underachieving". Losing last year short of the championship was disappointing, but not underachieving. USN played an excellent game and it wasn't Catholic's day.

As for Science Hill, I've seen them play twice this season and they will be a handfull for the Irish. I hope, though, Catholic is focusing more on the Baylor match tomorrow night than worrying about a cross-division match on Saturday.