TS WILDCAT FAN

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Dodgen - former women's coach at Smith County

Mark Eldridge - Anderson County Head Coach

Chris Turner - former head coach at Warren County

Russell Tayes - assistant coach in Cassville, GA at Cassville HS, former head man at YAI

Bruce Slatten - former head coach at Sparta

These are target 5 according to the Livingston administration

Michael Dodgen - former women's coach at Smith County

Mark Eldridge - Anderson County Head Coach

Chris Turner - former head coach at Warren County

Russell Tayes - assistant coach in Cassville, GA at Cassville HS, former head man at YAI

Bruce Slatten - former head coach at Sparta

These are target 5 according to the Livingston administration

825658084[/snapback]

Michael Dodgen - former women's coach at Smith County Mark Eldridge - Anderson County Head Coach Chris Turner - former head coach at Warren County Russell Tayes - assistant coach in Cassville, GA at Cassville HS, former head man at YAI Bruce Slatten - former head coach at Sparta These are target 5 according to the Livingston administration

825658084[/snapback]

Hate to hear that Danny has stepped down. Hope he went out on his own terms. Of the five candidates mentioned I would be real surprised if Mark Eldridge isn't offered the job. I hope it don't come down to a teaching position or money that would prevent Mark from taking the position.

Golly gee, RockingChair...I'd hate to see a teaching position be more important than a coaching position!

825660850[/snapback]

Well your right as usual Queen but as you know most coaches don't want to teach. Take Coach Maynord for instance if he were offered a job it would probably hinge on whether or not he would have the same situation that he has at Smith Co. I don't really know what position that Mark has at Anderson Co. but surely they can work something out agreeable for both sides. I agree with you just the chance to come home and coach would be good enough for me. I really hope that Mark has the chance to coach here and that he will want to coach here. I really think that the time is right for him to come home. thumb Or were you being a little sarcastic ? Don't get me wrong there are some coaches that are excellent teachers but in todays standards most coaches are in an administrative position and like coach Maynord I'm sure he wouldn't take a job teaching History or whatever. That was what I meant. Edited by Rocking Chair

Eldridge would be a great choice. I think it is time for him to move home...if that is what he wants. He has a great situation at Anderson County, and has built that program. I know that Anderson County would love to keep him. A class act on and off the court, and one of the best coaches in Tennessee without a doubt.

Good luck, E, in whatever you decide to do. May God bless you.

• 2 weeks later...
So how does everyone feel about the hire of richard melton?  Is this a good thing?  Only time will tell.  He did a great job at the jr. high level.  But, how will he do with 17 and 18 year olds?  Does anyone have an opinion?

825682386[/snapback]

He did do a great job at the jr high level, and i think that he will excel at the high school level, he is pretty much coaching the same kids and has coached against the others, this will be a huge advantage for him. if he is what livingston academy needs, then i say so be it ! good luck

He did do a great job at the jr high level, and i think that he will excel at the high school level, he is pretty much coaching the same kids and has coached against the others, this will be a huge advantage for him. if he is what livingston academy needs, then i say so be it ! good luck

825685237[/snapback]

I agree with you LA Wildcat. I mean I think he is ready. He has done everything that he could possibly do at the junior high level. Granted Allons has had some talent, but last year he won the varsity county, bantam tournament, derward vaughn classic, avery trace classic, james c haile state, and the tnt state in springfield. I think he needs you as an assistant. Hit him up.

I agree with you LA Wildcat.  I mean I think he is ready.  He has done everything that he could possibly do at the junior high level.  Granted Allons has had some talent, but last year he won the varsity county, bantam tournament, derward vaughn classic, avery trace classic, james c haile state, and the tnt state in springfield.  I think he needs you as an assistant.  Hit him up.

825685757[/snapback]

i appreciate your vote of confidence, he has an assistant