Knoxville Halls

Red_Devils_HHS

I know most people probably won't care about this since we're not exactly considered a state title contending team, but i just wanted to give some props to my boys at Halls. We've had a great year by our standards, even if they don't compare to those of teams like Farragut, Bearden and so on. It's the first time in nearly a decade that we have posted 10 wins in a season (currently 10-2-3) and advanced to district tournament, and we're coming off of back-to-back overtime wins in district tourny, yesterday against karns and tonight against powell. I've never seen a bunch of guys play with as much heart as our team did tonight. Tonight's game was truly something amazing to watch as our two teams fought it out, considering the insane rivalry between Halls and Powell, and i just thank all of my teammates for giving all they have. If you actually did read this, thank you.

And by the way, we have 1 starting senior, so watch out next year. <_<

Cool...What was the score of the Halls v. Oak Ridge game?

825672537[/snapback]

According to this morning's paper, Oak Ridge trailed 1-0 at the half and needed 3 second half goals to take the 3-2 win. The game winner was scored with about 7 minutes left in the game. There was a major difference in the reported shot count in favor of Oak Ridge, but the score of this one was much closer than anyone would have predicted. Congratulations to both teams and good luck in the Region tournament.

The game was very close. While Oak Ridge did outshoot us, our defense held up strong most of the game, and two of Ridge's goals went right through our keeper's hands. But it certainly was not his fault, because he had about 5 outstanding saves that kept us in it. Again, i was proud of my teammates, and we WILL be back next year.

Winning coach puts in shot count in the paper and while it may be true, Coach Sheppard does like to exaggerate. Good job Halls, you are still in it

825672864[/snapback]

Well, to begin with, Coach Sheppard isn't at Halls anymore buddy. And if he were he doesn't coach soccer, nor has anything to do with the scores. Either way, good luck to Halls tonight in the Region Semi's.

Well, to begin with, Coach Sheppard isn't at Halls anymore buddy.  And if he were he doesn't coach soccer, nor has anything to do with the scores.  Either way, good luck to Halls tonight in the Region Semi's.

825675540[/snapback]

Coach Sheppard is Oak Ridge's coach. I believe that was what he was referring to.