Black Horse Tournament Dec 2nd and 3rd

CoachDelgado

The 11th Annual Black Horse Invitational will be held on December 2nd and 3rd at Houston High School. We are opening up the event to fill a few spots. The Black Horse is a 21-22 team tournament with double elimination. We wrestle to 8th place. Team awards are given to the top 4 teams. Friday weigh-ins are at 1:00pm. Wrestle at 3pm. Saturday finals begin at 3:30. We are done by 6:30pm.

Interested teams should contact Walt Holmes at coachholmes@houstonwrestling.org.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Black Horse Invitational @ Houston High School

Arlington

Bartlett

Briarcrest

Brother Martin, New Orleans, LA

CBHS

Collierville

Cordova

Germantown

Grissom, Huntsville Alabama

Harding

Houston

Kingsbury

Kirby

MBA

Memphis Catholic

Millington

Munford

MUS

Peachtree Ridge

Ridgeway

St. Benedict

White Station

Edited by HoustonCoach

HoustonCoach....I see you have Peachtree Ridge on the list, thay have a phenominal wrestler named Kendall Albert on their team. Keep an eye on him...he was the Georgia 5A State Champion at 119 last year.....as a 9th grader. I understand he moved to Georgia from Missouri. They also have a talented 189 named Son.

Wow it is looking like this is going to shape up to be one of the toughest Blackhorse tournaments in quite a while. Grissom and Brother Martin are generally there and are definitely powerhouse teams... don't know much about Peachtree Ridge but from what the good RMC has to say they might be pretty good (especially since we know how he likes to sandbag it!).

Also, are my eyes decieving me or is that a Nashville team coming to Memphis??!! That should be great as MBA is always a solid team and will definitely add to Blackhorse.

A big (if a little early) congratulations and thanks to the entire staff at Houston for putting together such a tough tournament.

Houston Coach, looks like a great line-up for your tournament. How in the world did you guys get Brother Martin to come to your tournament. I heard they were not going to open back up this year, but re-open next fall. Are their kids in school? If so, where? Sounds like you guys are going to have a real tough tournament. Good luck.

CBHS Coach, did you guys get any Brother Martin transfers? I heard you guys got 3 kids from there. Just wondering who they will wrestle for that weekend, Brother Martin or CBHS?

WrestleSBA...Peachtree Ridge is a new school down here that's only been open 3 years. They have a developing program with a good coach. I just wanted you guys to be aware that they have special kid in Kendall Albert so you can make sure to see him. I don't know what weight he'll be, but I would guess 125 or 130. He wrestles with a savy you don't see in many 10th graders and maybe that's the Missouri background. Look for him though...he is special.

Houston Coach, looks like a great line-up for your tournament. How in the world did you guys get Brother Martin to come to your tournament. I heard they were not going to open back up this year, but re-open next fall. Are their kids in school? If so, where? Sounds like you guys are going to have a real tough tournament. Good luck.

CBHS Coach, did you guys get any Brother Martin transfers? I heard you guys got 3 kids from there. Just wondering who they will wrestle for that weekend, Brother Martin or CBHS?

CBHS did not get any Brother Martin wrestlers.

Sorry Papabear, bad rumor. How will your team be this year?

I thinkI can answer that question...

Somewhere between 1-80 males between the ages of 14 and 18 dressed in purple and gold.

In all seriousness though the Purple Wave should once again be the class of the Left side DII but the gap is narrowing between all teams out this way.

WrestleSBA...Peachtree Ridge is a new school down here that's only been open 3 years. They have a developing program with a good coach. I just wanted you guys to be aware that they have special kid in Kendall Albert so you can make sure to see him. I don't know what weight he'll be, but I would guess 125 or 130. He wrestles with a savy you don't see in many 10th graders and maybe that's the Missouri background. Look for him though...he is special.

RMC,

Thanks for the info. It is still going to be nice to see yet another out of town team hanging around. As far as Albert goes I will definitely be keeping an eye out for him. We should have a pretty good 125 who I would hope could give him a match if they happen to meet... actually the seeding should be interesting since our kid was a state placer at 125 and is already a 2x Blackhorse Finalist... we will see who wins that battle. Of course that is not to mention that both Brother Martin and Grissom are usually pretty good around that weight as well. As I seem to remember Grissom's coach said the were a little young last year and I expect them to be even tougher this year.