Station Camp Vs Greenbrier Act 7

ZJ44

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now muffdog, the Lafayette shot was pretty cold....we all have a lil bit of last yearitis in us, especially the smith county fans. But anywho, let me ask you this twan, who has ever come out of that district and done anything at all. Greenbrier produced a state championship team a couple of years ago. David Lipscomb could have very easily have won it that year and if it weren't for some bad breaks they could have been sitting with several more now. They produced one of the most dominating pitchers ever in the state. No one has ever come out of 7AA and done crap. Tell me the last time you all had a team come out of there and make it to state, I can't tell you when and if you know tell me. You say my posts are stupid, well tell me why instead of coming up with short meaningless replies. 20-1 is a great season, no doubt. But its kinda built on shaky ground. Having that good of a record and getting bounced in the first round of region really puts things into perspective. But this will be the last ever post that I will make against Smith County softball because my boy Jason Harville will be your next coach. If he turns out to be as good of a softball coach as he is a football coach then you will have your first serious threat on the state level to do anything.

Hey now muffdog, the Lafayette shot was pretty cold....we all have a lil bit of last yearitis in us, especially the smith county fans. But anywho, let me ask you this twan, who has ever come out of that district and done anything at all. Greenbrier produced a state championship team a couple of years ago. David Lipscomb could have very easily have won it that year and if it weren't for some bad breaks they could have been sitting with several more now. They produced one of the most dominating pitchers ever in the state. No one has ever come out of 7AA and done crap. Tell me the last time you all had a team come out of there and make it to state, I can't tell you when and if you know tell me. You say my posts are stupid, well tell me why instead of coming up with short meaningless replies. 20-1 is a great season, no doubt. But its kinda built on shaky ground. Having that good of a record and getting bounced in the first round of region really puts things into perspective. But this will be the last ever post that I will make against Smith County softball because my boy Jason Harville will be your next coach. If he turns out to be as good of a softball coach as he is a football coach then you will have your first serious threat on the state level to do anything.

825676346[/snapback]

TG,

In 2001 SC and Dekalb both made it to the state tournament. In 2000 SC lost to Chattanooga Central in the substate in the bottom of the 7th. Chattanooga Central went on to finish 3rd that year. In back to back years...2002 and 2003 SC lost in the regional to DL and that great pitcher you mentioned 2-1 both years. In 2002...DL won in 10 innings...in 2003 DL won in the bottom of the 6th scoring two runs to win. Both years SC had a 1-0 lead going into the bottom of the 6th. In same year GB won the title...they eeked out a 1-0 win over YAI in the regional.

So...tg...it has not been a case where 7AA has been weak...it's been a case where 8AA has been very strong. In those years...7AA was probably the 2nd best district in the state. It's too bad those districts were matched up in the regionals.

Also...this year SC was 23-1...not 20-1. As usual...you are mistaken. :lol:

Go get 'em Antwan!!

I'm with you. Those games between Lipscomb and Smith Co. were nail biters. Great games between two great teams. The score easily could have gone either way, especially in the game where the winning score came on the intentional walk. Intentional walks still scare me...to many chances for something to go wrong.

Edited by slr52

Hey guys. Get over it. Both divisions play each other may the best teams win. It is very childish the way you are arguing over sports designed for the youth. Not to offend just to inform. And congrats to Greenbrier on beating Station Camp. And for the arguers I am a Station Camp fan. I will give our opponents some respect instead of arguing about the loss.

Ok my poking at some Smith County people on this thread was meant for some fun but it did have some underlining facts in it (ex: the weakness of the schedule, etc.)

I do want to say something that has just made me pretty mad.....Queen Bee, I really don't care who you think you are, I don't care that you are a mod, none of this, though it may mean something to you, means jack to me. You could have posted right under my post that I was not to be calling anyone names. That is fine, but you take all my post out and changed it and left it under my name. You DO NOT do that under any circumstances. That is an abuse of your powers as a mod and if you do this again than we will have some serious troubles. You have some respect for me and don't edit MY posts. I've been on here and seen plenty of name calling by Smith County fans on here and that never gets touched, but I have noticed to where you have played some favorites before and it has never been any of my business but when you edited my post you just made it my business. You could have taken it off all together if you want, but you went and done something like that. The best thing you can do is never touch any of my posts again, including this one.

This site has always been about fun for me. I like to get people rilled up because all of these adults that get on here and act like idiots over highschool sports. I played sports and though I had a great time, its not the highlight of my life but you have some people on here that think that their kid or their schools ballgame is a life or death matter. That is the people that I like to go after. But Ms. Bee, when you start changing things that I said and leave it up there as tennisguy's posts, then you are taking it way too far. If we need to discuss this further than I will.

On another note, to the ##### family, fanman and Antwan, I didn't post on the thread that was set up but I knew that this would get your attention, my condolences go out to your recent loss. I know fanman personally and he is a really good guy. My deepest sympathies.

Edited by Antwan

Replying to the original thread:

Greenbrier wins 6-3 over Station Camp and will face Walker Valley Friday in Greenbrier. Walker Valley was upset by East Ridge 8-2. Walker Valley defeated Greenbrier last year in the substate. It should be a great rematch. East Ridge will host Station Camp. 8-AA will have their hands full this Friday.

Congratulations to Coach Head and the Lady Cats. Good Luck Friday.

Also congratulations to Station Camp on a great season. A much improved team.