District 11AAA final observations

discj

I'm back for my final observations of the 2005 District 11AAA softball season. First, what can you say about Tarrah Tucker? She is an absolute warrior. What a gutsy performance in the 11AAA tourney. She was without question the best pitcher in the district this year. Congrats to Tarrah and the Lady Bulldogs on the Region 6AAA championship, you earned it. Centennial's Morgan Thomas, Brentwood's Riley Mashburn and Baille Lott, and Ravenwood's Caty Ayers' were right behind her. They all had an outstanding season. 2006 looks to be another competitive season. As far as having 7 Brentwood players on All District team...give me a break. 4 at the max since other players around the district are more deserving. Proof: McGavock-9, Bruins-8. McGavock......are you kidding me? Another 40 wins to choke at the end. As for ranking the Bruin pitchers, they are all good.. you should be thankful instead of picky. As for Monday morning coaching, Ben Tyree is an excellent high school and travel ball coach. If you think you can do better, why are you not out there? Next is the crying issue after the McGavock loss. I noticed the gymnastics coach that stands on 3rd do her front flip in front of the Bulldog pitcher and catcher while they were on their knees crying over the error that GAVE Brentwood the win....no class. Did she flip backwards after the McGavock loss? Finally, Brentwood's title 9 case is way over do. The tradition and wins by the Lady Bruins softball team deserves better. I am 100% behind you and expect to one day see a first class complex for softball. Love me, or hate me, I'm outta here, peace.

I'm back for my final observations of the 2005 District 11AAA softball season. First, what can you say about Tarrah Tucker? She is an absolute warrior. What a gutsy performance in the 11AAA tourney. She was without question the best pitcher in the district this year. Congrats to Tarrah and the Lady Bulldogs on the Region 6AAA championship, you earned it. Centennial's Morgan Thomas, Brentwood's Riley Mashburn and Baille Lott, and Ravenwood's Caty Ayers' were right behind her. They all had an outstanding season. 2006 looks to be another competitive season. As far as having 7 Brentwood players on All District team...give me a break. 4 at the max since other players around the district are more deserving. Proof: McGavock-9, Bruins-8. McGavock......are you kidding me? Another 40 wins to choke at the end. As for ranking the Bruin pitchers, they are all good.. you should be thankful instead of picky. As for Monday morning coaching, Ben Tyree is an excellent high school and travel ball coach. If you think you can do better, why are you not out there? Next is the crying issue after the McGavock loss. I noticed the gymnastics coach that stands on 3rd do her front flip in front of the Bulldog pitcher and catcher while they were on their knees crying over the error that GAVE Brentwood the win....no class. Did she flip backwards after the McGavock loss? Finally, Brentwood's title 9 case is way over do. The tradition and wins by the Lady Bruins softball team deserves better. I am 100% behind you and expect to one day see a first class complex for softball. Love me, or hate me, I'm outta here, peace.

825678991[/snapback]

825678991[/snapback]

825679187[/snapback]

The head coach you speak of is 125 wins and 27 losses after her first 3 years at Brentwood High. If you were more observant you would have noticed that it is tradition after every win to do a flip. The others in the dugout who have over a combined 35 years experience in top level summer ball should have reminded to have another pitcher ready. In fact their job was suggesting pitching rotation and making sure the pitchers were ready.No one anticipated the dropped balls on easy plays nor mental errors which were not made all year. One must keep in mind that overall they are a young team, especially the pitching staff. I wouldn"t expect them at 14 and 15 years old to be as good as when their 18. Its very evident to everyone that you have no experience in top level coaching. Also to say your behind the Title IX quest is easy. If you truly wanted to help, I believe who filied the claim and put himself on the line would welcome all help. I believe his number is 479-1234.

The head coach you speak of is 125 wins and 27 losses after her first 3 years at Brentwood High. If you were more observant you would have noticed that it is tradition after every win to do a flip. The others in the dugout who  have over a combined 35 years experience in top level summer ball should have reminded to have another pitcher ready. In fact their job was suggesting pitching rotation and making sure the pitchers were ready.No one anticipated the dropped balls on easy plays nor mental errors which were not made all year. One must keep in mind that overall they are a young team, especially the pitching staff. I wouldn"t expect them at 14 and 15 years old to be as good as when their 18. Its very evident to everyone that you have no experience in top level coaching. Also to say your behind the Title IX quest is easy. If you truly wanted to help, I believe who filied the claim and put himself on the line would welcome all help. I believe his number is 479-1234.

825679212[/snapback]

Good observation but the pitchers are 15 1/2 and 16 1/2 and driving.

825678991[/snapback]

I'll agree that Tarrah Tucker is a true warrior and had a fantastic 3-week finish to her career. But to say she was "far and away the best pictcher" in the district may be stretching it a bit. You judge a player's performance by what they did the whole season, not just what they did the last 3 weeks. If you look at stats only, the three Brentwood pitchers all had better stats than she did, against far superior opponents than she faced.

While its true that few teams, if ever, get 7 picks for an all-district team, your "observation" that Brentwood only deserve "four at best" shows you either havent seen them play much this year or you dont know much about softball. They are much more deserving of 7 than they are 4, and here is why I say that:

1. Their 3 pitchers were 3 of 4 of the best pitchers in the league.

2. The catcher (L. Cavarro) was the best catcher in the league

3. Their shortstop ( K. Rothamel) was the best shortstop in the league

4. Their 2nd baseman (C. Cavarro) was the best 2nd baseman in the league.

Thats six players right there, and doesnt even include their senior centerfielder who battled leg problems the last month of the season and didnt play against the weak teams at the end to pad her stats...oh yea, I forgot to mention, she has been all-district the last 2 previous seasons also.

Everyone says Brentwood's pitchers are all about the same, so if that's true, then they should all be all-district...and everyone says that they win only because they have the best talent...well, if that's so, then the others should be awarded also because they were not 13-0 in the district solely because of their pitching.

It is true that there are alot of other girls in the league deserving of the honor too, no question about that...but if you give me those 7 Brentwood players, Tucker, from Hickman County, and King from Hillwood, you can have the rest of the league as choices for your all-star team and my team would win 9 out of 10 times.

Edited by rtyree1121